Secret Window

Started by MacGuffin, January 13, 2004, 03:22:15 PM

Ravi

Count me as another person who found the ending to be predictable.  I liked Depp's performance and the corn scene.

MacGuffin

It's hard for me to give an honest review since the ending was completely ruined for me by this thread. So while I might have found myself fooled by some of the scenes, it was more an exercise in seeing if the film lived up to a repeat viewing and how well the 'plants' of twists worked. While Depp is obviously the main reason to watch the film (he creates full, rounded characters), I really didn't find the film mysterious or suspenseful, and the big twist felt uneventful in it's revelation. Since it was based on a King novella, I could really feel the script expanded to fit a feature length film. There are some great elements here that could have been expanded upon to make for a fuller story/script (Koepp's screenplays seem to always be that way for me); the whole divorce felt more plot device than working with the character's motivations, as it should have.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks