Apocalypto

Started by MacGuffin, October 28, 2005, 05:04:16 PM

I thought this movie was quite good. I think it gets a bad rap because it doesn't have guns or swords n it. People love guns and swords. Poisonous darts and mallets? Not so much.

The Sheriff

i didnt like it because its a faux-art mediocre action film
id fuck ayn rand

Neil

Just recently revisited this film last night and really enjoyed it.  Most of the complaints presented by others on the board don't really seem to apply to my viewing, and I've yet to see, "the new world," so other than the fact that they both came out a year apart and deal with pre colonized societies, i don't get the comparison. Plus, is it really fair to compare mel to terry? 

I had just graduated high school when this film came out and didn't really realize how much of a feat mel undertook in making this. Wow.

Anyways, I think this is a great film and despite his lack of visual storytelling , the story is strong enough to work without any of that. Not to say that someone with a more visual style of storytelling couldn't have added to this. But in my opinion most ballpark swings like this end in a strikeout. This on the contrary works well from start to finish.  Boy do I love that scene on the beach in the end too.  Anyways, it's aging well for me.

Anyone else watched this recently?

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pubrick

i haven't watched it in a while but it did come up in conversation recently and i spoke of it favourably. so..

this is hilarious:

Quote from: Ultrahip on December 21, 2005, 05:04:14 PM
Quote from: meatball on December 21, 2005, 04:58:30 PM

What is the guy on the far right thinking?

"Pastrami? Again?"
under the paving stones.