When Will I Be Loved

Started by MacGuffin, September 02, 2004, 11:24:42 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date:  September 10, 2004 (limited).

Starring: Neve Campbell, Frederick Weller, Dominic Chianese, Karen Allen, Barry Primus

Directed by: James Toback

Premise: Vera (Neve Campbell) is a beautiful, capricious young woman exploring the limits of her sexual and intellectual power. Vera's boyfriend is a fast-talking hustler named Ford (Frederick Weller). Prepared to do anything in order to make a buck, Ford sees his chance to make big money when he meets aging Italian media mogul Count Tommaso (Dominic Chianese). Tommaso quickly becomes enamored of Vera because of her sexuality, her intelligence, and what he perceives as her naiveté. Everything appears to be going even better than planned -- but the men have gravely underestimated Vera, who has a few desires of her own. Ford and the Count unwittingly play right into her hands, and when her plan comes to fruition, the results are staggering.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

it'd be interesting to see what approach the director makes in transforming Neve Campbell into a beautiful, capricious young woman.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

El Duderino

i think neve is kinda hot.

anyone else think the poster is a little eyes wide shut-ish?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Pwaybloe

Quote from: peteit'd be interesting to see what approach the director makes in transforming Neve Campbell into a beautiful, capricious young woman.

It will be difficult, because she has a nudity clause in her contract.  

Remember "Wild Things?"  And, no, I'm not referring to her as a skank.

Ghostboy

Now now, a person can be sexy as hell without taking their clothes off. Remember the sex scene in Two Girls And A Guy, also from James Toback?

This looks kinda interesting, and I'll give any Toback film a chance after seeing the aforementioned masterstroke, but I also think that might have been a one-time thing.

pete

remember that dude in The Tao of Steve?  He never has sex with his clothes off.
- Buster Keaton

modage

i think i hate james toback.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

I really hated him after I listened to the 'Two Girls And A Guy' commentary track, which is probably the most annoying commentary track I've ever listened to.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyI really hated him after I listened to the 'Two Girls And A Guy' commentary track, which is probably the most annoying commentary track I've ever listened to.

Hmmm...Haven't heard it, but it can't be worse than the Resident Evil track, can it?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

I haven't heard that one, nor have I heard what I imagine is the penultimate in the annoying commentary competition: any of Carrot Top's tracks. And to be fair, if you liked Two Girls And A Guy, the commentary track is worth listening to -- but only because the cast is on it.

matt35mm

Quote from: Pwaybloe
Yeah, that's not there anymore.  She's nude in this movie.  She said that she felt that it was necessary for her character.  The movie opens and closes with her in the shower, which are her first nude scenes.

SHAFTR

Quote from: matt35mm
Quote from: Pwaybloe
Yeah, that's not there anymore.  She's nude in this movie.  She said that she felt that it was necessary for her character.  The movie opens and closes with her in the shower, which are her first nude scenes.

yay
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

coffeebeetle

That trailer left alot to be desired.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

pete

- Buster Keaton

Just Withnail

Neve makes a really funny sound after the guys says "Hey angel".