Constantine

Started by CastCall, September 03, 2003, 05:38:54 AM

CastCall

"Constantine" (Warner Brothers) - Casting Call

A film adaptation of the classic Vertigo comic book "Hellblazer".

"Constantine" will star Keanu Reeves as John Constantine, a world-traveling, mage-like misfit who investigates supernatural mysteries, walking a thin line between evil and good.  He teams up with a female police detective named Angela Dodson, who seeks Constantine's help while investigating the suicide-like death of her twin sister Isabel.  

The investigation takes Constantine and Angela through the world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles.

Production will begin on September 22, 2003.  

CAST MEMBERS: Keanu Reeves, Rachel Weisz  

PRODUCERS: Lauren Shuler Donner ("X-Men") and Richard Donner ("Lethal Weapon")

DIRECTOR: Francis Lawrence  

EMAIL FOR MORE INFO: Auditions@rapidreply.net

The film's casting directors are looking to fill a wide variety of principal and background roles.  

MALE ROLES FOR THIS FILM:

[Chaz], Caucasian, 20s - 30s.  A tough, shadowy L.A. cab driver and one of John Constantine's oldest friends.  Chaz has some ties to illegal activitiy, but is making an effort to stay out of crime.  Even though his wife does not like Constantine, Chaz and Constantine are very close.  They would do almost anything for one another in a crisis.   PRINCIPAL ROLE

[Beeman], Caucasian, 20s.  A highly intelligent, offbeat young guy who assists Constantine with special information and occult artifacts.  He's a bit skinny and unimposing, but makes up for it with his mind.  Beeman reads to Constatine and Angela from an ancient scroll, which explains what supernatural troubles they must save the world from.  This character has been described as a "Seth Green type".  PRINCIPAL ROLE  

[Morgue Security Guard], any ethnicity, 30s - 40s.  An eccentric, reclusive man who works at night.  Nervous and high-strung.

[Balthazar], any ethnicity, 30s - 40s.  One of the three emperors of Hell who Constantine discovers is behind a series of crimes being committed around the world.  Balthazar is one of the main villains of the film.  

[Criminal], Middle Eastern, 20s - 30s.  He escapes from a Turkish prison.  Slight, muscular, lean, not scruffy.  He possesses the relic of the spear.  He tries to kill Angela and gets in a fight with Constantine.

[Father Garret], Caucasian, 40s - 60s. Angela's highly spiritual and kind priest.  He is seen in confession with Angela and again at the theological society where Angela asks for her twin sister Isabel to get a proper Catholic burial.  PRINCIPAL ROLE

[Busboy], any ethnicity, 20s - 30s.  Hard-working, clean-cut young busboy at a restaurant.  

[Korean Man], 30s.  

FEMALE ROLES FOR THIS FILM:  

[Ellie], Caucasian, 20s - 30s.  An alluring and seductive woman known as a "Succubus", a female demon that seduces men while they sleep.  She is the only Succubus to ever mate with an angel.  She is pretty and vulnerable yet can also be volatile.  Ellie has a love-hate relationship with John Constantine (Reeves).  PRINCIPAL ROLE  

[Crazed Woman], any ethnicity, 20s - 30s.  A neurotic, loud woman who becomes the victim of supernatural forces. Constantine tries to help her.  

[Attractive Girl], any ethnicity, 18 - 20s.  Glamorous, flirtatious L.A. model type.

[Church Attendant], any ethnicity, 30s - 40s.  Old-fashioned, quiet, level-headed, down-to-earth woman.  

[Filipino Mother], Filipino, 30s - 40s.  

For casting details, send email by September 6th to Auditions@rapidreply.net.

Duck Sauce

First casting decesion: Replace Keanu Reeves

picolas

Quote from: CastCall[Beeman]
i think we might have someone..

NEON MERCURY

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!...this is gonna suck..!

MacGuffin

Gavin Rossdale and Djimon Hounsou in Constantine
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Gavin Rossdale and Djimon Hounsou will star in Warner Bros. Pictures' Constantine for director Francis Lawrence.

Based on an adaptation of the DC-Vertigo comic book "Hellblazer," the film stars Keanu Reeves along with Rachel Weisz and Tilda Swinton. Set in the occult world, it centers on John Constantine (Reeves), a man who dabbles in the occult and teams with a female police officer (Weisz) to fight evil forces.

Rossdale will play Balthazar, a nemesis of Reeves' character, while Hounsou will star as Papa Midnite, the owner of an occult club who was once a demon fighter like Constantine but is now trying to get out of the business.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffinGavin Rossdale and Djimon Hounsou in Constantine
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Gavin Rossdale ... will star in Warner Bros. Pictures' Constantine for director Francis Lawrence.

Quote from: NEON MERCURYWHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...this is gonna suck..!

Pubrick

djimon hounsou and tilda swinton are good tho.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

meatball

picolas

the last part deserves a  :!: for sure.

matt35mm

1. Jeez wow.  Did they really have to make it look like The Matrix?  I mean the greenish tint or whatever.

2. Rachel Weisz is hot.

3. Uhhh... I dunno.

Just Withnail

I was going to say it actually looks somewhat cool, if only for the eyecandy, but then of course they had to ruin the whole mysterious atmosphere with terrible CGI demons flying towards the camera.

SiliasRuby

Looks like it could be watchable
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

El Duderino

it looks like "The Matrix to the Nth Degree"

i really like Rachel Weisz, so i'll probably end up seeing this.

it even has the Morpheus-like voiceover
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

pete

cool, one role available for me as the busboy.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton