Movies you're ashamed to admit you haven't seen yet

Started by BonBon85, January 22, 2003, 05:05:52 PM

©brad

rent Do the Right Thing ASAP. Every film class I have taken we have watched it. I think that, Citizen Kane, and 8 1/2 are the standard canonized movies in all intro. cinema classes across the country.

RegularKarate

Quote from: cbrad4drent Do the Right Thing ASAP. Every film class I have taken we have watched it. I think that, Citizen Kane, and 8 1/2 are the standard canonized movies in all intro. cinema classes across the country.

Well, it's on my list of rentals, like I said...

I did the film school thing...we watched Citizen Kane and Swept Away, but never did DRT.  Guess my school's just racist.

bonanzataz

Movies that I own that I haven't watched yet:
39 Steps, Dr Strangelove, Godfathers II and III, Full Metal Jacket

Movies that I want to see but haven't gotten around to it:
Citizen Kane, 8 1/2, Taxi Driver, I'm sure there are others.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Jeremy Blackman

Three Colors Trilogy, Hoop Dreams, all Kurosawa, several Coens, several Fellini, several Godard & Truffaut, a few Lynch...

polkablues

As brilliant as I think Kubrick's films are, there are a bunch of them I haven't seen: "The Shining", "Full Metal Jacket", "Spartacus", "Barry Lyndon", the first half of "Eyes Wide Shut", his first three movies, none of which I can remember the title to at the moment...
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

Quote from: polkabluesAs brilliant as I think Kubrick's films are, there are a bunch of them I haven't seen: "The Shining", "Full Metal Jacket", "Spartacus", "Barry Lyndon", the first half of "Eyes Wide Shut", his first three movies, none of which I can remember the title to at the moment...
so, you've seen what?  Clockwork Orange, Dr. Strangelove, and 2001?

You should jump on those others man... especially FMJ and EWS... Shining's a must see too... but I'll bet I didn't really need to tell you that.

ksmc

2001: A Space Odyssey
The Last Temptation of Christ (the only Scorsese flick I haven't seen)
Easy Rider
Gone With the Wind (Okay, I saw it when I was about 9, but can't remember any of it)
Lord of The Rings (although it doesn't appeal to me)
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

Duck Sauce

Quote from: polkabluesAs brilliant as I think Kubrick's films are, there are a bunch of them I haven't seen: "The Shining", "Full Metal Jacket", "Spartacus", "Barry Lyndon", the first half of "Eyes Wide Shut", his first three movies, none of which I can remember the title to at the moment...

How could you let yourself watch just the last half of a movie? Much less EWS? If I show up to a theater and find out I misses 15 seconds of opening credits, the whole thing is ruined for me.

Xixax

Quote from: Duck SauceHow could you let yourself watch just the last half of a movie? Much less EWS? If I show up to a theater and find out I misses 15 seconds of opening credits, the whole thing is ruined for me.
Nerd.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Duck SauceHow could you let yourself watch just the last half of a movie? Much less EWS?

I'm just gonna guess here, but I think that was just signature dry polka humor.

Thecowgoooesmooo

Cecil

Quote from: Xixax
Quote from: Duck SauceHow could you let yourself watch just the last half of a movie? Much less EWS? If I show up to a theater and find out I misses 15 seconds of opening credits, the whole thing is ruined for me.
Nerd.

theres a difference between being a nerd and a geek. and theres nothing wrong with being a geek. or even a nerd for that matter.

©brad

Pwaybloe

Quote from: cbrad4dI think we are all nerds.
What the...?

..Hey!

Cecil

Quote from: cecil b. dementedtheres nothing wrong with being a geek. or even a nerd for that matter.