Christmas Movies

Started by modage, December 01, 2003, 08:20:18 AM

polkablues

For all the ways in which that clip was the worst thing I've ever seen, I'm honestly kind of impressed with how they did the explosion. Nice mix of practical and VFX, from the looks of it. Shame it was used to help illustrate the theme "The true meaning of Christmas is war."

Anyway, here's my Christmas movie submission:

The trailer is terrible, but the movie is equal parts fun, silly, catchy, purely enjoyable, and at times genuinely moving. It's so beholden to Shaun of the Dead that it borders on plagiarism, but it does ultimately bring something of its own to the table. And there will be at least two or three songs that get stuck in your head for a month.  It's currently available on Amazon Prime streaming, and there are far worse ways to spend an hour and a half.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

Quote from: polkablues on December 24, 2019, 02:02:59 AM
Anyway, here's my Christmas movie submission:

The trailer is terrible, but the movie is equal parts fun, silly, catchy, purely enjoyable, and at times genuinely moving. It's so beholden to Shaun of the Dead that it borders on plagiarism, but it does ultimately bring something of its own to the table. And there will be at least two or three songs that get stuck in your head for a month.  It's currently available on Amazon Prime streaming, and there are far worse ways to spend an hour and a half.

I'm usually a big fan of these types of movies you recommend, so this is going straight to my watchlist.

Quote from: polkablues on December 24, 2019, 02:02:59 AM
Shame it was used to help illustrate the theme "The true meaning of Christmas is war."

The Christmas short I finished this december ends with bombs dropping from the sky, so I guess i'm guilty for this too.