I just realized... I don't care for extra features

Started by Pas, September 08, 2003, 08:28:58 AM

Pas

I used to ignore DVDs that didn't have any, but when I look at my DVD collection, there's like 80% that I've never even listen to the commentary. Let alone watch "Production stills" or "Original Theatrical Trailer". I watch the "Anatomy of X thing" when there's one, like on Memento SE or Desperado SE, and I watch interviews when I especially love a director or an actor, but that's about it.

The only making of I really enjoyed was the Citizen Kane one...oh and From Dusk Till Down's "Full-tilt boogie" too.

Am I alone in this ?

Cecil

i like special features, but i dont really make a big fuss if there arent any  (or too many). it depends on the movie though

Banky

Quote from: Pas Rapport
Am I alone in this ?

i think you are.  I wont buy a DVD if it has no special features an not because i have to have them its because i fear a SE coming on the horizon.

phil marlowe

Quote from: Pas RapportAm I alone in this ?
i'm with you exept for commentaries, they can be fucking great sometimes. i don't care about anything alse though well exept it's a one and a half hour long magnolia documentary.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Find Your Magali

DVDs without special features are fine, as long as they are priced accordingly (under $20). ... If the studios are going to charge premium prices for DVDs, though, we should make sure we're getting all the extras we can (and not just "interactive menus") ... We don't want to get into a situation in which we're OK with paying $25+ for bare-bones DVDs...

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Pas RapportI used to ignore DVDs that didn't have any, but when I look at my DVD collection, there's like 80% that I've never even listen to the commentary. Let alone watch "Production stills" or "Original Theatrical Trailer". I watch the "Anatomy of X thing" when there's one, like on Memento SE or Desperado SE, and I watch interviews when I especially love a director or an actor, but that's about it.

The only making of I really enjoyed was the Citizen Kane one...oh and From Dusk Till Down's "Full-tilt boogie" too.

Am I alone in this ?

WHAT ?????????????????????????????????????

SOME DVDS i buy just for the extras

i heard cody banks has a neat thing about it like a starter kit for kids to learn about cinamtography and what not

the ONLY Good thing in the dvd " for the man wasnt there" were the extras

the commentarys and the roger deakins stuff

WOW What a weird thing to say i almost bought snow dogs just to hear what the directer had to say , im a commentary junkie and learn more from there then i would from a fucking grey haired pony tail wearing hippy professer

Ravi

Quote from: BankyI wont buy a DVD if it has no special features an not because i have to have them its because i fear a SE coming on the horizon.

Same here.  I remember going through a friend's DVD collection and saying repeatedly, "There's an SE of this one out now."

I did get sort of pissed at the PDL special features.  Not too interesting to me.  I though, "They included an extra disc for THIS?!"

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Ravi
Quote from: BankyI wont buy a DVD if it has no special features an not because i have to have them its because i fear a SE coming on the horizon.

I did get sort of pissed at the PDL special features.  Not too interesting to me.  I though, "They included an extra disc for THIS?!"

im glad someone had to balls to say this

pta did however do this for the picture quality but the fans were sort of screwed , after the boogie nights special eddition we have been left wanting more

and the magnolia documentry taught some of "You" guys what movies to rent

NEON MERCURY

..under construction.. be back later...

edit:..alright i am back..i mainly listen to the comm. track then bounce around the other stuff later...