Okay, it's time someone asked it... (Beatles)

Started by Kev Hoffman, April 10, 2003, 10:17:16 PM

russiasusha

QuoteQuote:
I shit my pants when michael moore used it in coulumbine.

In a good way or a bad way?

good
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Kev Hoffman

Quote from: russiasusha
QuoteI almost forgot that The Beatles didn't do drugs, nor hint at any controversy throughout their years. Especially John, he was the most straight and narrow of the four.

You're being sarcasic right?

I think that's what the :wink: was all about.

Quoteanother sad song: Happiness is a Warm Gun, half happy anyway.  I shit my pants when michael moore used it in coulumbine.

You were being sarcastic, right?

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: russiasusha
QuoteI almost forgot that The Beatles didn't do drugs, nor hint at any controversy throughout their years. Especially John, he was the most straight and narrow of the four.

You're being sarcasic right?

another sad song: Happiness is a Warm Gun, half happy anyway.  I shit my pants when michael moore used it in coulumbine.

Radiohead has said many times that this was a direct influence on paranoid android.

i thought it was nutty when hershey used that song in a ad " happiness is a hersheys bar in your hand"

that song is about a different sorta brown sugar, ya have to wonder if they even knew

russiasusha

I just got really excited b/c i'm a diehard beatles fan and that was the only movie i have ever seen that used a beatles song.

I'm sure there might be more movies, but I can't think of any.  Can anyone help me out?
Movies before 1930 suck

MacGuffin

Quote from: russiasushaI'm sure there might be more movies, but I can't think of any.  Can anyone help me out?

"Twist And Shout" - "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"
"Come Together" - "A Bronx Tale"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

russiasusha

Movies before 1930 suck

Kev Hoffman

Know What You Did Last Summer 'Hey Bulldog'
Michael 'All You Need is Love'
Pleasantville 'Across the Universe'
The Royal Tenenbaums 'Hey Jude

....to name a few.

Pubrick

are we talking originals? cos then it's all about 'A Hard Day's Night', and 'HELP!'..

but if we're not talkin originals then i hav 3 words for u.. I AM SAM.

and no, i DO NOT hav anymore.
under the paving stones.

russiasusha

i meant originals.  Does IKWYDLS have the original Hey Bulldog?   I sure its a cover by like smashmouth since it's a shitty teen movie.
Movies before 1930 suck

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

cant buy me love was used in the film cant buy me love, patrick dempsey you sir have great hair

Kev Hoffman

Quote from: Pare we talking originals? cos then it's all about 'A Hard Day's Night', and 'HELP!'..

I've been searching for an affordable copy of HELP on DVD.  Still no luck.  Hopefully they do a SE like Hard Days Night

MacGuffin

Quote from: russiasushaDoes IKWYDLS have the original Hey Bulldog?   I sure its a cover by like smashmouth since it's a shitty teen movie.

Toad The Wet Sprocket
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: neatahwantaSo where is the thread about The Beatles?  The Stones?  The Who?  Old school Genesis?  The Allman Brothers?

...The topic would start with: The Beatles - one of the best bands ever? And 20 other members are gonna reply, "Yes," "Agreed" or the like. Not really a discussion, if that's what you want. The only one who would be opposed would be Mr. Xixax, and we already know his view on The Beatles.

I hope you knew I was gonna dig that up...

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Kev HoffmanI almost forgot that The Beatles didn't do drugs, nor hint at any controversy throughout their years.  Especially John, he was the most straight and narrow of the four.   :wink:

Haha!  WTF?  Okay, let's compare:

John Lennon at his worst:

And Keith Richards at his worst:

ShanghaiOrange

Yellow Submarine is the best Beatles movie.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***