the station agent

Started by pete, October 19, 2003, 06:34:58 PM

Ghostboy

I hate it when DVDs have Leonard Maltin quotes on the cover. Actually, I hate any quotes, but if they're from lame critics, its unforgivable.

El Duderino

especially from like "wireless magazine" or "Indianapolis radio" or some shit, it's bad news
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

Miramax Home Entertainment released the disc specs for The Station Agent which stars Peter Dinklage, Patricia Clarkson, Bobby Cannavale and Michelle Williams. The disc will be available to own from the 15th June this year for around $29.99. The film itself will be presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 track. Extras will include an audio commentary with the director as well as actors Peter Dinklage, Patricia Clarkson and Bobby Cannavale. Five deleted scenes with optional commentary will also be included.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

Quote from: MacGuffinMiramax Home Entertainment released the disc specs for The Station Agent which stars Peter Dinklage, Patricia Clarkson, Bobby Cannavale and Michelle Williams. The disc will be available to own from the 15th June this year for around $29.99. The film itself will be presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 track. Extras will include an audio commentary with the director as well as actors Peter Dinklage, Patricia Clarkson and Bobby Cannavale. Five deleted scenes with optional commentary will also be included.

I'm happy with that.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

El Duderino

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

foray

Quote from: El Duderinoi actually went to a screening and Bobby Cannavale was there for a Q and A, the guy is extremely talented and smart....the movie was great, kudos to Tom McCarthy

Dude, can you tell us what he said at the q & a?

foray
touch me i'm sick

El Duderino

Quote from: foray
Quote from: El Duderinoi actually went to a screening and Bobby Cannavale was there for a Q and A, the guy is extremely talented and smart....the movie was great, kudos to Tom McCarthy

Dude, can you tell us what he said at the q & a?

foray

well..people were asking too many stupid questions (i.e. "how was Jersey?" or "what's it like to work with a dwarf") but he was just really insightful and he's a lot better looking in person. he's just cool.

Redlum

I finally got to see this the other night, a month after its release in the UK. Running for 5 nights, one showing a day, at my local, in a slot after Scooby Doo 2. I walked into the screen five minutes before it was about to start and an employee warned me "Don't come back here, man. Dont come back here!". While I continued to wait outside the manager was shouting around "Not that one! Get the big bucket. The yellow one. Yeah! And a mop". Cut little kids.

There were only 6 other people in the screen, and it was nice to see a small movie like this on a huge screen. I really loved it, although I knew I would. Joe can be added to a small list of film characters who have what I like to call: "The Spirit of Dignan". Although, if there were a movie character that predates him, I'd love to revise that title.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

MacGuffin

Wonderful film. Often times hilarious, but really poignant character studies of lonliness, especially with how each of the characters relate to phones. The characters were well defined and made real by both the screenplay and the three leads' portrayals. Patricia Clarkson continues to be one of my favorite actresses working today. Beautiful score too.

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

wow, this is one of the few threads I've started about a movie that actually gets more than a page of replies.
but still nobody will watch Ping Pong or Last Life in the Universe.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Rusty James

I now know I'm alone on this but I couldn't wait for this to finish. Afterwards when I found out it's listed inside the Top 250 on IMDb then to come here and see more approval really has me shaking my head. The bar scene, the librarian character, this made me cringe so many times and not laugh once.

Bethie

I want to be friends with Joe. He is such a fun person.

One part that had me laughing my ass off is when Olivia asked Fin why he moved to that town and he said, "To be close to Joe."
who likes movies anyway