Other actors/directors/etc. who mention PTA

Started by edison, January 18, 2008, 08:47:02 PM

RudyBlatnoyd

Yeesh. That's giving me traumatic flashbacks to that White Men Can't Jump clip.

Why can't most people write dialogue these days?

WorldForgot

Quote from: RudyBlatnoyd on June 19, 2023, 03:20:21 PMYeesh. That's giving me traumatic flashbacks to that White Men Can't Jump clip.

Why can't most people write dialogue these days?

Since when can 'most people' write dialogue? If that were the case soap operas wouldn't be how they are lol
And like, Aaron Sorkin wouldn't just be giving his characters all the same voice.

RudyBlatnoyd

It was just a throwaway remark about the unconvincing, tin-eared, contrived dialogue in a lot of modern movies (including, apparently, that one).

WorldForgot

Quote from: RudyBlatnoyd on June 20, 2023, 04:29:19 PMIt was just a throwaway remark about the unconvincing, tin-eared, contrived dialogue in a lot of modern movies (including, apparently, that one).

I know i know i'm mostly kidding.

But i mean, really tho, if you think about how blown away people were for Woody Allen or Sorkin's dialogue it's like, damn we're starved.

HACKANUT

It's funny also that usually the most praised dialogue is the most natural or   unwritten-sounding. Obviously not in all cases as written-sounding dialogue can be very good — but still,  How insane that the task of writing is to ultimately appear to have never done anything at all, hah! Writing is just really fucking hard once you get past structure and get into the "nature" of it all.

wilberfan