Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

Fernando

spoils

so Gus turns out to be the real badass and he just eliminated part of the cartel in México and the living twin, speaking of which he used that lawyer's tough guy, so maybe that guy was tailing hank and tipped him off.

Stefen

This is starting to creep into the second best show I've ever seen, right below The Wire. It's THAT good.

This show is starting to creep into number two, right after The Wire, in the best television shows I have ever seen. After a shaky season two, they have totally redeemed themselves. This season has just been amazing. The acting, the writing, the directing, the lighting, the realism. It's just simply amazing. Bryan Cranston is putting in some of the best work I've ever seen from an actor in this. God, he's good.

This guy is starting to become one of the great unassuming badasses in television history.

Gus just keeps getting more badass and badass as each episode of this season is shown.

I don't know where it's going to lead, but after watching tonights episode, I think the time is going to come when Walt and Gus have the ultimate showdown. Right now, Walt is fine being a pawn in Gus's game, but soon he's going to want all the pie and I can't wait to see it unfold. I just hope Jesse doesn't fuck it up before it happens.

Spoilers.

Jesse is a dumbass for thinking he can cook on the side with no problems. This is going to end badly for Jesse.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

diggler

after the events this season i had a hard time figuring out how they were ever going to get skylar and walt back together, but after that last scene, i understand how it could work. the look on walt's face as that lie unfolded was priceless. he thought he was the master of deception and skylar mopped the floor with him.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pozer

new advertisements say this show is like a
Quote from: Pas on May 18, 2010, 10:25:55 AM
Cohens
movie. this is tooootallly accurate.
jus doing my part in attempt to sell everyone else on it.

Quote from: ddiggler on May 17, 2010, 11:34:49 AM
after the events this season i had a hard time figuring out how they were ever going to get skylar and walt back together, but after that last scene, i understand how it could work. the look on walt's face as that lie unfolded was priceless. he thought he was the master of deception and skylar mopped the floor with him.

but how brilliant was her final line? look on his face then was tooootallly priceless.   

picolas

my simple prediction for the entire show: walt eventually becomes the kingpin (of course), then a season of him getting busted and going to court and losing EverYthing. i say this based on how they're treating hank's storyline. showing his difficult recovery and the time it will take to recover, perhaps never being able to walk again.. i love how this show truly considers the fallout of every event. the ultimate fallout will be walt's trial.

fring is incredible. the moment he went "that's the best way to do business." then back to game face. so calculated. like a robot chess player.

and the 'blue meth is back!' infomercial in the recovery group was so massively, amusingly amoral.

Stefen

Spoilers

Thinking about it, I don't know if Walt has it in him to be a Kingpin. In season two when he went after those meth makers in the parking lot and told them, "Get out of my territory (one of the best moments in the show)." I thought he had it, but this season I don't think he does. He's content just making the meth and making millions instead of tens of millions to make sure his family is okay when the cancer eventually comes back (and it will) and he's dead and gone.

I'm curious to see where it goes. I would love a courtroom trial when everyone knows who Heisenberg is and he's front page news. That would be so epic.

Unfortunately, I think Jesse and his idiot friends fuck everything up.

I see Gus being the Kingpin after the eventual showdown. I think Gus knows nobody can cook like Walt/Heisenberg, but I think Jesse meets his demise soon. He's starting to become more trouble than he's worth.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

How great was this episode? Just Jesse and Walt in the lab. Wow. This was amazing. This episode needed to be done. Walt is losing his shit. He's a mess.

jtm

Quote from: Stefen on May 24, 2010, 03:57:17 AM
How great was this episode?

dunno... i'm sure it was great but i was over at abc... gonna have to find a way to watch the episode.

tpfkabi

**spoils**

I was mostly bored. The only tension was wondering if the sleeping pills acted like a truth serum and made Walt accidentally tell Jesse that he was there when the girl died.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

socketlevel

I loved this episode, it was like a stage production. i love it mainly because it's such a great shift from the way episodes have been constructed recently, something they did in seasons one and two as well. it reminds me of moments like the guy locked in the basement. I'm not against the normal pacing and style of the show, i just appreciate so much how the series creators say fuck it let's change this up. very fearless.  it was also great performances to boot. very little (something that could have taken 5 mins to establish) was progressed, and people might find that a fault, but it brought up issues that we thought were in the past and it took the story back to our two protagonists. great character piece.

beautifully directed, and keep in mind i fucking hate hate hated "Brick" but i loved "the brothers bloom" so I'm not gushing fanboy love.

the previous two episodes IMO were kinda a let down, so it was so nice to have this one come our way, because i thought the two before (so that's 4 and 5 episodes ago) were pretty great.

god, this simply is the best show on TV.
the one last hit that spent you...

cine

this was the first time in nearly 30 episodes that everything was treated like, what was already said, a play. i wasn't that into it because i've been programmed to expect action but that being said, it got pretty intense. i thought jesse was either going to crash off the ladder and/or walt was going to say that he let jane die. i feel like now that this episode happened, i can see kingpin walt telling that to jesse at some point in season 4 (if they don't destroy each other first in s3).

jtm

i was kinda bored too at first, but after thinking about it, this was a good episode and needed to be done. walt and jessie ARE the show. and an episode of JUST walt and jessie, well, it just needed to be done at this point.

shit's prolly gonna get crazy soon, and who knows what will happen, so i'm glad we got to just watch them enteract. in their own way.

Stefen

That's my reasoning. This episode needed to happen. It's the perfect mid-season episode. Small, confined and character driven. It was perfect at this point of the season. Perfect. Now back to the regularly scheduled fireworks.

Stefen

So, uh, is Skylar going to be the eventual kingpin?

Should have saw that coming, honestly.

jtm

i saw it coming....  after the walt fiasco, and then the thing with ted, how he was ripping off the company to take care of his employees, plus hanks medical finance issues, i think she finally realized it's okay to "break bad" if it's for a good cause. i knew she would come around. i wouldn't be at all surprised if they get back together eventually.

and jesses about to get himself into a heap of shit, isn't he?!

and best line of the episode:

saul: if you're commited enough, you can make any story work. i once convinced a woman i was kevin costner, and it worked, because I believed it!