The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Champion Souza on August 15, 2012, 09:27:05 PM

New trailer

HOLY SHIT.... How the hell did they make the cinematography look so "old"?... Looks fucking incredible! Like it was really shot in the 50's...

Also, out of all the footage we've seen, this one is the weirdest. That soundtrack is fucking hypnotizing.

EDIT: So, is screening tomorrow in Chicago in 70mm...  You Chicago residents are some lucky sons of bitches!
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

P Heat

Quote from: Champion Souza on August 15, 2012, 09:27:05 PM

New trailer

cool. Shows what old film stock and cameras can still do. Best way to do a period piece.
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

InTylerWeTrust

BTW, I'm starting to believe that that "ALROSEPROMOTIONS" Youtube channel is ran by PTA himself...

Jeremy Blackman

Some quick research reveals:

Al Rose was the old-timey estate agent in There Will Be Blood.

http://mubi.com/topics/viral-marketing-the-movies

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on August 15, 2012, 10:33:22 PM
Some quick research reveals:

Al Rose was the old-timey estate agent in There Will Be Blood. Very cool.

http://mubi.com/topics/viral-marketing-the-movies

UHHHMMMM.... The plot thickens...

HeywoodRFloyd

Joaquin says to Amy Adams: 'What's this _____ business?'
Can someone please tell me what that word is, I can't make it out

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: HeywoodRFloyd on August 15, 2012, 10:45:18 PM
Joaquin says to Amy Adams: 'What's this _____ business?'
Can someone please tell me what that word is, I can't make it out

He says:

"What's this TIME-HOLE business?" 

I don't know what a "time-hole" is, but that's what he said.

**** POSSIBLE SPOILER ****

My guess is that is probably one of the practices the cult does... or some shit like that. I think I read somewhere that scientologists have this thing where they hypnotize you and make you "remember" back in time, even back to before you were born. Some loony shit.

HeywoodRFloyd

Yeah you're right, I read a book called Inside Scientology, and it was explaining dianetics in the 50's, and it was all about bringing up past traumas/memories and to re-live them via auditing or 'Time Hole'ing' so that one could be 'healed' etc.

martinthewarrior

Heading to Chicago for the surprise music box screening thurs night. Anyone else going?

HeywoodRFloyd

I just want to say, this new trailer, wow, the music, the editing, the auditing, the cinematography, makes me nostalgic for a period I wasn't even brought up in. We are so lucky to have a filmmaker like PTA, truly, we really are lucky.

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: HeywoodRFloyd on August 15, 2012, 11:59:27 PM
I just want to say, this new trailer, wow, the music, the editing, the auditing, the cinematography, makes me nostalgic for a period I wasn't even brought up in. We are so lucky to have a filmmaker like PTA, truly, we really are lucky.

Yeah, I wasn't brought up during that time period either. But it makes me nostalgic because it reminds me of all the 40's, 50's and 60's movies that I ADORE. It also reminds me how beautiful cinema truly is and why I fell in love with it in the first place.

martinthewarrior

This place is developing a real 'Tiger Beat: Paul Thomas Anderson edition' feel.

Melisande

Quote from: theyarelegion on August 15, 2012, 02:44:26 PM
Quote from: P Heat on August 15, 2012, 02:40:38 PM
ALSO the cover art for "The Master" soundtrack is WAYYYYY cooler than the movie poster if you ask me, it should of been the other way around.

The same could be said for There Will Be Blood...

Both covers were done by Jonny Greenwood's wife; she's a very talented artist/photographer.

modage

Quote from: martinthewarrior on August 15, 2012, 11:09:12 PM
Heading to Chicago for the surprise music box screening thurs night. Anyone else going?

I'm considering it right now. Any idea on cheap hotels near the Music Box?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

malkovich