The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

pete

oh shit it's being shot in my backyard?
man I had an epic night last night hanging with lovely people, but now I don't feel so cool anymore upon waking up and finding out that there are like hundreds in my 'hood doing shit on a PT set.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Quote from: polkablues on June 19, 2011, 12:44:21 PMThe thing with Stefen's two posts was that it made it seem like he went from being uncertain about the official title to loving it over the course of a few hours, so I made the assumption that alcohol had been a factor.  But then it turned out that he was just a filthy liar and had liked the title all along.  And now I have to learn how to trust all over again.

"Horses? Naw, man, it's an ILLUSION!"

"Yeah, it's CONFUSIN'!"

"......................THANK YOU!"
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

md

From FACEBOOK.  Looks like our new dp friend is getting busy (on a boat)!!!

Panavision!

35mm 4 perf

65mm

65mm (notice bg)

"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

tpfkabi

Quote from: md on June 20, 2011, 05:52:39 AM
From FACEBOOK.

Is this from a profile open to the general public?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Kellen

Sweet!  Thanks for posting those photos md!

matt35mm

Oh yeah, I noticed that a few of you guys added him as a friend.

P Heat

Refreshing pics. Keep posting up if he posts more on FB :yabbse-grin:

From FilmPolice on imdb.-
.......I've also submitted for the British scenes that shoot later this week. I figure if I submit for everything I'm bound to get at least one day.

My friend who did the 2-day scene last week told me it was a good shoot, although about 14 hours each day so she was pretty wiped out when it was over. They'll be getting some good checks though. My friend was sitting in holding when they filmed the scene with the nude people so she didn't see that. She said the woman they chose to be the nude piano player was 71! All the extras were warned that if any jokes or snickering or anything was done to make the nude extras feel uncomfortable, they would be sent home and not asked to come back.

lol
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

polkablues

Every time I try to remember the DP's name, I have to either search back through the thread or go to IMDb.  From now on, I'm just calling him Mario Mushaboom.  It's easier.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pozer

Reel

I don't get scientology, I'm looking forward to having this movie spell it out for me. Why is it so popular with celebrities? Everytime I hear about someone else who has joined, Idk if I lose or gain respect for them because I'm not sure what it's all about. It just seems like a very exclusive, expensive cult. I know I'm just laying down some of the basic generalities most people have gathered about this religion. I don't want to just believe the shit that was on that south park episode as being true. It sounds pretty bonkers, why do so many people buy into it!? PTA, save me. I had a copy of Dianetics but I got rid of it.

mogwai

Quote from: Reelist on June 24, 2011, 04:33:29 AM
I don't get scientology, I'm looking forward to having this movie spell it out for me. Why is it so popular with celebrities?

Because they're brainwashed.

Pubrick

I don't get scientology, I'm looking forward to having this movie spell it out for me.

Read the wikipedia page because this film will not teach you anything about Scientology.
under the paving stones.

Reel

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on June 25, 2011, 12:14:46 AM
http://www.xenu.net/

F that
Quote from: Pubrick on June 24, 2011, 11:13:13 PM
I don't get scientology, I'm looking forward to having this movie spell it out for me.

Read the wikipedia page because this film will not teach you anything about Scientology.

and how do you know?

Stefen

It's not going to be a documentary. It's like hoping There Will Be Blood was going to teach you how to drill oil.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.