The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

theyarelegion

i'll make it up with some footage of pta moderating that ... (listen to the whole q&a )

Reel

that was really cool, but it should go in the Hugo thread.

O.

fuck that, i got damper than a moist towelette as soon as i saw scorsese and pta chillaxing
superb

Pubrick

You're right reelist.. but given the recent events, I'm gonna allow it.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Cigs & Red Vines posted a new promo poster for The Master, which is titled Untitled for now. Hope it stays The Master. Love that title. Also has a new synopsis.

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2011/11/pta-moderates-hugo-q-updated-master.html
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

Quote from: theyarelegion on November 07, 2011, 11:30:13 PM
that

check out how bored that grimfaced guy in the b.g. is. checkin his phone to see how much longer this insanely tiresome thing will last. when lil Marty does his legs dont reach the ground funny, that henchmanlooking mafugga is the only person in the joint not lolling, he actually shrugs out a breath when it happens. all his homies are at the club and he's gotta suffer through these moviemaking a-hole's gabble. at least his boss noticed and told him to move the fuck out the shot. most undeserving gopherboy ever to land in such a spot ever. :yabbse-angry:

theyarelegion

Walsh: Finds his 'Way' into a new career

QuoteWalsh even inadvertently nabbed a plum acting role when he attended a wedding in which helmer Paul Thomas Anderson officiated as minister. Anderson liked Walsh's retro looks and cast him in his upcoming period drama "The Master."

Pubrick

Quote from: theyarelegion on November 08, 2011, 10:55:06 PM
Walsh: Finds his 'Way' into a new career

QuoteWalsh even inadvertently nabbed a plum acting role when he attended a wedding in which helmer Paul Thomas Anderson officiated as minister. Anderson liked Walsh's retro looks and cast him in his upcoming period drama "The Master."

WHAT THE FUCK?

what wedding? quick research team get on this.

of course this must've been part of the research for THE MASTER.. or he has become Jodorowsky. PTA is saving souls even when not making films.

no wonder he's moderating interviews, officiating ceremonies, MC'ing bar mitzvahs.. PTA is the ultimate MASTER of ceremonies.. is this all part of the lead up to the film? should we be paying attention to how he is living his life as an expression of his artistic direction? just like when he started wearing that brown shirt every day during the CMBB days.. cos the movie is, like, totally brown?
under the paving stones.

Stefen

He can master ceremonies all he wants but if he ever starts DJ'ing like David Lynch, I'll call the cops.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

theyarelegion

Rami Malek Talks 'Twilight,' Teases Paul Thomas Anderson Collaboration

QuoteMalek recently landed a role in the next, yet-to-be-titled film by "There Will Be Blood" director, Paul Thomas Anderson. He plays the son-in-law of Phillip Seymour Hoffman's religious leader character. According to Malek, the experience of working with an auteur like Anderson has been "staggering."

"It was one of the best experiences of my life," he said. That was all he was willing to reveal, but promised the mysterious film would be "really good."

Pozer

QuoteMalek recently landed a role in the next, yet-to-be-titled film by "There Will Be Blood" director, Paul Thomas Anderson. He plays the son-in-law of Phillip Seymour Hoffman's religious leader character. According to Malek, the experience of working with an auteur like Anderson has been "staggering."

"It was one of the best experiences of my life," he said. That was all he was willing to reveal, but promised the mysterious film would be "really good."

poor sap will probably end up being Orlando Jones'd out the picture.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Quote from: Pozer on November 20, 2011, 03:12:19 PM

poor sap will probably end up being Orlando Jones'd out the picture.

Oi, he might, but that would be sad.  He was the best part of "The Pacific" IMO.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

chere mill

Fernando

fantastic news, but...

Jonny Greenwood Returning To Score 'The Master'

We had a feeling this would be the case but for some reason that doesn't make it any less thrilling to see it confirmed: Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood is returning to score 'The Master.' His work on "There Will Be Blood" was brilliant and undoubtedly one of the highlights of the film so it's an absolute joy to hear that he'll be back for another round. This news comes via a tweet on 12/2 by British record label Babel founder Oliver Weindling that said simply, "Zed-U recorded part of soundtrack for Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead last week. Film (by Paul Thomas Anderson) to appear in 2013." Zed-U is a British jazz trio that are apparently being employed by Mr. Greenwood on the soundtrack.

hope that's not truth.