I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

last days of gerry the elephant

Should I have gotten Night on Earth?
I never watched it. With Stranger Than Paradise and Breathless along the way, I figured it's enough money spent (my budget is extremely low).

hedwig

bonanzataz

Quote from: overmeunderyou on September 04, 2007, 07:22:53 PM

Should I have gotten Night on Earth?
I never watched it. With Stranger Than Paradise and Breathless along the way, I figured it's enough money spent (my budget is extremely low).

GET NETFLIX AND RENT IT! you guys spend so much money on dvd's it's crazy. i used to be the same way. i needed some money so i started going through my collection recently, and the amount of useless shit that i had watched maybe once was staggering. i only buy movies i know i'm gonna watch a lot. this dvd collecting is a crazy obsession. i don't see why anybody needs to buy three criterions in one day, especially if they're on a budget.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pubrick

i'm with you bonze, which is why i never pay more than $10 for a dvd.

and as such don't own any criterion.  :(
under the paving stones.

cine

hey leave mac alone he's got a dundie award for gods sake.

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: bonanzataz on September 05, 2007, 01:44:36 AM
GET NETFLIX AND RENT IT! you guys spend so much money on dvd's it's crazy. i used to be the same way. i needed some money so i started going through my collection recently, and the amount of useless shit that i had watched maybe once was staggering. i only buy movies i know i'm gonna watch a lot. this dvd collecting is a crazy obsession. i don't see why anybody needs to buy three criterions in one day, especially if they're on a budget.

Well I think I've gotten a lot better with my DVD purchases. I watched Stranger Than Paradise before (through netflix/zip) and really liked the movie so I bought it. Also, I have a set of directors I like (as anyone here) and I usually tend to collect their films, having said that, Night on Earth is another one of Jarmusch's films that was released on the same day.

I agree with what you're saying though, some of the stuff I bought previously at random are just taking up space now. But I got in the habit of screening the movie before I buy it.

Ravi

Quote from: bonanzataz on September 05, 2007, 01:44:36 AMGET NETFLIX AND RENT IT! you guys spend so much money on dvd's it's crazy. i used to be the same way. i needed some money so i started going through my collection recently, and the amount of useless shit that i had watched maybe once was staggering. i only buy movies i know i'm gonna watch a lot. this dvd collecting is a crazy obsession. i don't see why anybody needs to buy three criterions in one day, especially if they're on a budget.

Much of what I buy is on sale.  Best Buy and Circuit City often have sales where a bunch of DVDs cost $4-6.  Even if I don't like a movie, it cost as much as a rental, and I can trade it in to a used DVD store.  I'm always on the lookout for bargains, good used DVD prices, price mistakes, etc.  I check out a lot of Criterions from the public library.

Stefen

Guys on xixax turn into Sherlock Holmes when it comes to finding deals on the intranet. Just sleuthing it up to get pennies off the ultra edition edition.

Yet, when it's time for them to buy their first home or plan their wedding, their lost.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ravi

Mac lives in the box that his HDTV came in.

Stefen

hahahahaha, I believe it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Quote from: Stefen on September 05, 2007, 03:28:59 PM
Guys on xixax turn into Sherlock Holmes when it comes to finding deals on the intranet. Just sleuthing it up to get pennies off the ultra edition edition.

Yet, when it's time for them to buy their first home or plan their wedding, their lost.

i know, how could they google inexpensive dvd deals and NOT know how to buy really expensive things like their first home or plan something expensive like their wedding.. man, these people are CRAZY, stefen!

Stefen

Quote from: Cinephile on September 06, 2007, 01:11:08 AM
Quote from: Stefen on September 05, 2007, 03:28:59 PM

i know, how could they google inexpensive dvd deals and NOT know how to buy really expensive things like their first home or plan something expensive like their wedding.. man, these people are CRAZY, stefen!

Oh, did I strike a nerve? You're only upset because I described YOU.

cine

haha didn't strike a nerve at all.. you're the king of weird theories and generalizations and with this one, you knocked it out of the park. so nice job or something.

and being in my early 20's.. why i would try to get married and/or buy a house is beyond me. but whatever helps you sleep at night, really.

Stefen

You sure came out of nowhere, bricked a layup, got mad, and then grabbed your ball and went home.

And it was a joke. Ravi didn't get mad, he just laughed and then made me laugh. If you don't ever want to be a homeowner, that's cool. Live at your parents for as long as you can, I know I would if I could. Hearing the phrases "free rides" and "need to stop" is a small price to pay for not having to pay for anything else.

I have a friend who's in his early 20's and still lives at home. He's awesome. He builds model cars and bangs all kinds of high school chicks. I'm about 2 months from getting to the age where I find him pathetic, but for the time being, I think he's AWESOME.

I think you're AWESOME right now too.