Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

Started by picolas, September 29, 2003, 10:14:47 PM

FeloniousFunk

I just came back from the movie. But I didn't get to see the ending when SPOILER Baxter comes back and starts talking to the bears. The projector was too low, so the subtitles were cut-off. So everyone was watching a dog and a bear bark and roar at each other for like 45 seconds. I did get my money back though.END SPOILER

I liked the movie. It was a little slow in the beginning but after that I couldn't stop laughing. Steven Carell stole the show, and I wish Fred Armisen had a bigger role. That guy is awesome.

SHAFTR

Quote from: sickfinsgood thing you actually saw the movie to back up these lame assumptions you have

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

you're lame[/size]|

seeing the movie wouldn't change my assumptions, but it could prove them to be wrong.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

travisbickle1000

i laughed a lot during this movie, and i want to see it again. that being said, i still dont think its one of the better comedies i've seen. while it has great laughs, there are a lot of gags that just dont pay off. it just didnt seem like the comedy magic was happening (i dont think its been happening too much this year actually) and i dont think there was much comedic chemistry between any of the actors. ron burgundy and brick are hilarious but no one else even came close to making me laugh and when they were supposed to make me laugh it made the movie kind of uncomfortable. will ferrel is always funny, but when he gets a really good script (jay and silent bob) and the movie clicks, he is the funniest person alive

Just Withnail

Quote from: Ghostboy...and it made me think that the 'sequel' that they'll be putting out on DVD might even be funnier than this movie.

Quote from: The Digital BitsWe've got some interesting news today on upcoming DVDs thanks to Video Store magazine. The latest issue is reporting that DreamWorks' Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy may arrive on DVD (later this year or early next) in two versions. Director Adam McKay believes there will be a single-disc movie only release, followed by a 2-disc special edition. Reportedly, the original cut of the film was over 4 hours long, so McKay is using the extra footage to make an entire second film, set to be called Wake Up, Ron Burgundy, that will clock in at an hour and forty minutes. Look for that to be included on the more elaborate edition.

pete

did anyone else notice the freaks and geeks cameos?  "seth" was the camera guy and Mr. Russo the guidence counselor was out of focus in the background during the date.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

RegularKarate

Word... I DID notice that...

Seth was easy to spot, but I'm surprised I noticed the guidance councilor back there... I wonder if he was in it more and got cut?

MacGuffin

Universal has announced Anchorman which stars Will Ferrell alongside Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd and Steve Carell. The hit comedy will be available to own in numerous editions from the 28th December. Firstly, there will be an extended edition of the film, which will introduce around ten minutes of additional footage. Details on extra material have yet to be released, but that the disc will include a 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer along with English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo and French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround tracks. A giftset will also be available from the same day. This will include the extended edition of the film, along with another feature length film entitled Wake Up Ron Burgundy. A Ron Burgundy's Month to View Journal will also be included. The retail price for this one has yet to be determined. Finally, the theatrical cut of the film will be available too - although this will only be available in full frame.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks