Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Sleuth

Quote from: Pedro the Wombathttp://www.greenplastic.com/news/dusty/000823.php
eww

Look at the newspost under it though, you can now hear that acoustic show if you missed it
I like to hug dogs

Finn

This is truly one of my favorite bands. I've been particularly listening to No Surprises, I Will, Fog, Karma Police, You and Whose Army, Bullet Proof, How to Disappear Completly and Exit Music recently.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: QuoyleThis is truly one of my favorite bands. I've been particularly listening to No Surprises, I Will, Fog, Karma Police, You and Whose Army, Bullet Proof, How to Disappear Completly and Exit Music recently.

Into the quieter songs, I see.  Fog is one of their best B-sides, one of those songs worth dumping your entire budget into getting the rights to it for your movie.

Pas

I dont own a single Radiohead album which makes me unique on Xixax.

MacGuffin

Thom Yorke's 'Finger' Sold on E-Bay

LONDON, (United Press International) -- An item identified as Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke's middle finger has been sold on E-Bay, New Music Express Online reports.

The article sparked a bidding frenzy last week that ended with its sale Monday for $466.

Although some bidders may have mistaken the item for Yorke's real finger, the "pretty unique item of Radiohead memorabilia" appears to be the middle digit from the singer's NME Award, which he broke off during the Feb. 12 ceremony because it was "offensive," the music Web site noted.

Seller George Bagilhole claimed: "My friend saw him breaking the finger off against a wall and picked it up after he walked off."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

dude, that title is like so misleading. and since when do news articles have twist endings?

NEON MERCURY

i just wanted to say  your av rocks...... 8)

modage

John Mayer Covers Radiohead
03.17.2004 4:02 PM EST  

When people purchase Heavier Things at participating retailers, they'll be handed the bonus disc, which features two recordings of Mayer's current single, "Clarity" (an acoustic take and a radio edit), live versions of "Come Back to Bed" and "Neon," and a track that's been a component of Mayer's live show for a few years.

" 'Kid A' is this little funny thing that happened while we were making [2001's] Room for Squares," Mayer explained of his Radiohead cover. "John Alagia, who was producing the record, had to go away for the weekend. So myself and Jeff Juliano, the engineer, just started messing around. I tooled up this version of 'Kid A' because I love the song, I really do. And within an hour and a half or two hours, it was all done."

Where Radiohead's version of the title track from their 2000 album is an amalgam of looped beats and electronic tones, Mayer rendered his take acoustically, demonstrating his versatility and dexterity as a guitar player. Another fundamental difference is that on Mayer's track, the lyrics can actually be understood.

"The thing about doing covers, for me, is that I don't really feel like I can cover just any song," he said. "I can't particularly sing somebody's notes clearer or higher or stronger, which is why it was such a cool thing to cover this song. There's a tune there, but it was almost purposefully obscured, like a robot was singing it. It was one of the few songs I could do something with — if you're gonna do a cover, leave the song somewhere different than where you picked it up."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: themodernage02John Mayer Covers Radiohead
03.17.2004 4:02 PM EST  

When people purchase Heavier Things at participating retailers, they'll be handed the bonus disc, which features two recordings of Mayer's current single, "Clarity" (an acoustic take and a radio edit), live versions of "Come Back to Bed" and "Neon," and a track that's been a component of Mayer's live show for a few years.

" 'Kid A' is this little funny thing that happened while we were making [2001's] Room for Squares," Mayer explained of his Radiohead cover. "John Alagia, who was producing the record, had to go away for the weekend. So myself and Jeff Juliano, the engineer, just started messing around. I tooled up this version of 'Kid A' because I love the song, I really do. And within an hour and a half or two hours, it was all done."

Where Radiohead's version of the title track from their 2000 album is an amalgam of looped beats and electronic tones, Mayer rendered his take acoustically, demonstrating his versatility and dexterity as a guitar player. Another fundamental difference is that on Mayer's track, the lyrics can actually be understood.

"The thing about doing covers, for me, is that I don't really feel like I can cover just any song," he said. "I can't particularly sing somebody's notes clearer or higher or stronger, which is why it was such a cool thing to cover this song. There's a tune there, but it was almost purposefully obscured, like a robot was singing it. It was one of the few songs I could do something with — if you're gonna do a cover, leave the song somewhere different than where you picked it up."

Put a gun to my head and paint the wall with my brains.   :roll:

But I admire his taste.   :yabbse-thumbup:

pete

john mayer is so terrible.
I once read an article somewhere that said "your body's a wonderland" is basically a remake of afternoon delight, and that dude was so right on.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

El Duderino

has anyone else noticed that john mayer licks the mic when he sings?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: El Duderinohas anyone else noticed that john mayer licks the mic when he sings?

I noticed he licks balls when he sings.

I can't bring myself to make too much fun of him anymore; he was on Chappelle's Show.

El Duderino

Quote from: hacksparrow
Quote from: El Duderinohas anyone else noticed that john mayer licks the mic when he sings?

I noticed he licks balls when he sings.

:yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-thumbup:
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?