marketing copies

Started by sphinx, February 28, 2003, 10:12:50 PM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

Kal

Well those 2 are recent and both released by MGM... more than a copy it looked that they were lazy, or did it on purpose.

Derek237

It seems oddly intentional...   :ponder:

Chest Rockwell

Pubrick

Quote from: kal on December 05, 2006, 02:32:11 PM
more than a copy it looked that they were lazy, or did it on purpose.
i thought most of the copies in this thread were out of laziness AND on purpose.

were ppl posting under the impression these were all coincidences:shock:
under the paving stones.

Kal

Quote from: Pubrick on December 06, 2006, 08:07:15 AM
Quote from: kal on December 05, 2006, 02:32:11 PM
more than a copy it looked that they were lazy, or did it on purpose.
i thought most of the copies in this thread were out of laziness AND on purpose.

were ppl posting under the impression these were all coincidences:shock:

true... but i did not mean that they copied it for being lazy.

i meant that it was maybe the same designer that did both and he did not bother to make changes.

most of the copies we have here are not related... these two are.

Chest Rockwell

I say it counts as a marketing copy. Raging Bull's cover made sense, since that's how the opening credits appear (thematic arguments aside). Rocky's cover has no real reason to be in black and white with the giant red lettering, except to look like Raging Bull. It's not a bad cover though, I don't think.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

JG

Derek237

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 06, 2006, 01:07:44 AM

I didn't notice this until saturday when all of a sudden I realized that new poster is plastered everywhere in this goddamn city.  it's so shameless!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton