elephant

Started by gjg 4 REEL, September 23, 2003, 01:45:14 PM

gjg 4 REEL

i saw a preview at AMERICAN SPLENDOR  this shit looks hot, kinda creepy lookin  my brother said it might be based at columbine but i dunno ? if it did thatd be hot and if it didnt someone needs to make a movie based at columbine, either on the day of the attack or pre/post im kinda trailing off here , shoulda saved that for the screenwriting board

Ghostboy

The trailer does look good -- I liked the use of Moonlight Sonata, which I hear is the main score for the film itself as well. It's definitely based on Columbine. So is Zero Day, a no-budget indie which is getting a lot of acclaim and, I think, recently opened in NY and LA. I'm looking forward to seeing both of these films.

Banky

can anyone find a link to the trailer?

Weak2ndAct

A friend caught it at Telluride and flipped for it.  He called me up and said "I know you and what your taste is-- this is gonna be one of your favorites this year."  I'm sold.  

*Apparently* the film is really accurate and honest about what High School life has degraded to these days.  Van Sant says that younger audiences are really digging it, older ones are a little freaked.

mutinyco

I'll be seeing it soon at the NYFF. Just tune in and you'll get my reaction.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Pedro

I can't wait to see this.  It might be an alright movie season after all...

Victor

saw Zero Day last night at a test screening in nj. The movie is terrific, one of my favorites this year for sure, tho i doubt it'll get much play outside ny/la. Too bad, this film should be seen by all.

cant wait for elephant.
are you gonna eat with us too?

lamas

Quote from: Weak2ndAct
*Apparently* the film is really accurate and honest about what High School life has degraded to these days.

what, like pogs and shit like that?

ono

Quote from: lamas
Quote from: Weak2ndAct
*Apparently* the film is really accurate and honest about what High School life has degraded to these days.

what, like pogs and shit like that?
Yes.  Welcome to the early 1990s.  But you forgot to mention slap bracelets.

gjg 4 REEL

so is it before or after the attack , it better be before , that would be a much more interesting movie

rustinglass

I think it's going to be great! along with dogville and lordoftherings, this one movie that I absolutely want to see this year
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pedro

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Pedro the WombatTrailer linkage?
closest thing I found....international but click the various clips on the left
http://www.commeaucinema.com/popupba/index.php?id=14179

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Pedro

Thank you thank you thank you.

I can't wait.