movies you've walked out on

Started by Jeremy Blackman, November 11, 2010, 01:57:08 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Inspired by Stefen's "fell asleep" thread...

What movies have you walked out on? (This is limited to the theater, obviously.)

Mine was Outbreak... I was pretty young and got very disturbed when they started explicitly showing the effects of the virus.

I almost walked out on Rock Star, but I couldn't, because I was reviewing it for my college newspaper. I regret those 105 minutes to this day.

modage

Don't think I have ever walked out on a movie.  The closest I ever came was Mission: Impossible 2.  I loved the first one and had no idea the 2nd one would be so terrible.  During the climax I said to my friend "if that dude takes off a mask and it's Tom Cruise, let's leave."  Sure enough, it happened.  But my friend wouldn't leave. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Not counting festivals (because sometimes it's not that the movie is awful, it's just that you need to catch something else), I can only think of two.

- The Phantom.  My entire family walked out of this.  I was mildly interested in staying because I got that it was dumb on purpose, but it still stunk and my parents, especially hated it.

- Silver City - John Sayles, I love ya, but this was cringe-inducing.

Stefen

Salo. Shitty, shitty movie. I saw it at home. I walked out of my moms house.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gamblour.

I'll probably get kicked off these boards, but when I was 14, I walked out of Thin Red Line.
WWPTAD?

72teeth

The only movie ive ever walked out of was Seven Years in Tibet, which lead me to walk into the sceening room across the hall, which was showing Boogie Nights.

I dont have many memories before this moment...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Gold Trumpet

I walked out of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King after the 3rd of the total 7 endings. Just became too much nerd glee for me.

ono

I've never walked out of a movie (except for once where the scheduling wizards of a film festival scheduled Died Young, Stayed Pretty and Dogtooth as overlapping, so I had to leave the former to see all of the latter).  There have been times I've never finished a rental for various reasons (Life is Beautiful, Hulk, and Boondock Saints come to mind), but if I've paid for a ticket, I couldn't imagine not toughing it out.  And I sat through this.  I fell asleep for a bit after realizing how horrible it was (another one for Stefen's thread), but still, I made it.

Ravi

The Great White Hype
Three Kings - saw this with a friend and his dad, and for some reason he got really offended by it and we left

Pubrick

Quote from: Ravi on November 11, 2010, 10:33:28 PM
Three Kings - saw this with a friend and his dad, and for some reason he got really offended by it and we left

was he a towel head?

i wish i'd walked out of Gladiator. instead, i did the next best thing and fell asleep.
under the paving stones.

Alexandro

pearl harbor
home on the range (disney movie about cows)
paris, france
innocent voices (mexican luis mandoki film about guerrilla in el salvador)
edge of darkness
godsend
what dreams may come
fireworks (takeshi kitano)

snatch (home video but I also walked out of my parent's house on that one).

wanted to walk out but didn't (and should've):

neverland
pirates of the caribbean 2
l'humanite
lake tahoe
charlie's angels 2
coyote ugly
the happening
indy 4

Fernando

walked from ed scissorhands, left my friends at the cinema and walked home like 20 blocks, that's how much I was hating the damn thing.

the doors, walked out maybe ten minutes before it ended, we got tired of seeing some stoned dude.

also walked from single white female, this wasnt my call, at the intermission (we had those back then) we went to buy popcorn and then the fucking candy store was already closed! friends were pissed and wanted to leave.

wanted but didnt:

pirates of the whoribbean 2 & 3
armaggedon
some dicaprio movie were he played a gay poet
indy 4
get smart
evan almighty

quigliest

I walked out of Alexander. But only because it was the cool thing to do that year.

Stefen

Quote from: Q_FM on November 12, 2010, 11:23:11 PM
I walked out of Alexander. But only because it was the cool thing to do that year.

Oh, walking out of an Oliver Stone movie puts you on Gold Trumpets bad side. He's going to make you watch the other cut!

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

Well, the theatrical cut was bad. I wanted to love it and convince myself it was good, but couldn't.