Criterion News and Discussion

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 16, 2003, 06:18:19 PM

tpfkabi

any more news on the Godard titles: Pierrot le Fou and 2 or 3 Things?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Gold Trumpet

First, about the two Godard mentioned above, no word yet on either two. Criterion releases a few Godard a year and I think only 2 or 3 Things I Know About You is (of the two mentioned) even on the radar for a Criterion release. Checking Rialto release patterns is the best way to know what Godard we will see.

As for news, Criterion is continuing their releasing of US independent films. Coming this year (as confirmed by the recent Newsletter) will be 1995's Kicking and Screaming.

All brushing up on the title can be linked here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113537/

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I prefer the 10th anniversay remake.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

tpfkabi

i got Pierrot from that long list you posted in Nov of last year:

PIERROT LE FOU (Godard, 1965) - playing at Pacific Film Archive, courtesy Janus Films/The Criterion Collection
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

analogzombie

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on March 02, 2006, 06:56:26 PM

As for news, Criterion is continuing their releasing of US independent films. Coming this year (as confirmed by the recent Newsletter) will be 1995's Kicking and Screaming.

WHo cares about Kicking & Screaming? It's lacklustre at best. Even the director has declared that his newest film, The Squid and The WHale, his third feature, feels like his first film. If he's disavowing his previous work then so am I.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

edison

Gold Trumpet

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I have not seen Equinox, but that cover has sparked my interest.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

According to Dvdaficionado.com Dazed and Confused Comes out June 6th
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

grand theft sparrow

That Dazed and Confused cover is painful.  Like a piss-poor Ralph Steadman ripoff.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I don't think it's that bad, I actually kind of like it.  It fits the nostalgiac mood of the film pretty well. 

cine

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Cinephile on April 13, 2006, 05:00:13 PM
#339:

Holy shit!  I wasn't expecting this!  And that is such a fucking perfect cover!

godardian

I'm excited for both, and yes, the Yi Yi cover is gorgeous.

I learned all about Koko in my Physical Anthropology class last quarter, but I didn't know Barbet Schroeder had made a film about her.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

w/o horse

Who here has wached Yi Yi twice.

And why.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.