Most perfectly composed shot in movie history

Started by Just Withnail, May 22, 2003, 12:32:14 PM

cine

Quote from: cronopioi apologize, but if i started a thread about it, i'd probably be redirected.
No shit. http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=687

Pubrick

Quote from: cronopioi apologize, but if i started a thread about it, i'd probably be redirected.
you would be redirected if u didn't bother doing a search for it. this isn't news.

here, i just looked for best scene/sequence, and i got a perfect match RIGHT HERE. u can write ur city of god thing there and it won't conflict with the idea of the thread.

it's simply not that difficult.
under the paving stones.

Quoteit's simply not that difficult.

but it is! sometimes, at least.

is it possible to improve the Search engine?  because i've noticed that  if you put more than 1 word in it,  it only searches for the first one.

::hangs himself to death::
context, context, context.

cine

Quote from: cronopio::hangs himself to death::
You just answered your own question.

Chest Rockwell

There are a lot of really good shots in Girl with a Pearl Earring (nearly every shot seems like it's built like a painting), and actually a lot of good ones in Lost in Translation (Bob in the elevator, Bob sitting on the bed, etc.)

Pubrick

Quote from: cronopiobut it is! sometimes, at least.

is it possible to improve the Search engine?  because i've noticed that  if you put more than 1 word in it,  it only searches for the first one.

::hangs himself to death::
ok i think it's time for a little tutorial on the use of the search engine. and what better place to give it than here in this random thread where it will be totally ignored.

the first thing u must always do is remove the dot from "Search for any terms or use query as entered" and click it on the option below it "Search for all terms".

for that to be effective, second most important thing to do is, BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE. say right now u were looking for best scenes, even if u "search for all terms" u will find that those words are used a lot in almost every thread. so u narrow it down by searching for  best scenes/sequences and u will find a few bogus threads but i guarrantee on the first page u will see the one that describes best what u were looking for.

third, if u get like 45 results, don't be afraid to scroll down and even click page two of the results page. u just hav to skim over the titles and find the one that best fits. sure enuff at least on the first page u'll get a thread that even redirects u to the one that is older and prolly on the 2nd page.

FOUR/Quatro, don't hav to master all the options and things that appear on the search screen, most are useless. these are common sense: if ur searching for an actor, to see if a thread has been made about them, on the FORUM option select IN FRONT OF CAMERA. if a director, THE DIRECTOR CHAIR. if a movie just came out on dvd look in Now Showing first, for sum crossover dvd details.

FIVE/finally, if looking for a specific quote or information. go to the Display Results As section and select POSTS. this will take u to the specific post where this info/line was mentioned. additionally, if u want to find sumthing like "What did MacGuffin think of HULK". u select POSTS and in Search for Author and type in MacGuffin,. this will give u every time MacGuffin mentioned HULK. this is great when searching for a XIXAX Kodak Moment, like search for (all terms) "pee in your mouth", Display as: Posts, and Search for Author: Kotte. and u will find the first time kotte told us his wonderful shocking story of young unrequited love.

From now on anyone who is redirected will be sent this post, as a reminder of how to use the search feature, and they can provide feedback on what failed/confused them. mostly i think it will be number 3.

This has been a Publick Service Announcement
"KNOW YOUR XIXAX"
under the paving stones.

thanks for that P.  i insist that there should be a  FAQ, you up for it?

Pubrick

Quote from: cronopiothanks for that P.  i insist that there should be a  FAQ, you up for it?
i'm taking the suggestion to The Panel of Admins (TPA).

but more importantly.. isn't it totally GONDRY TIME!!
under the paving stones.

Just Withnail

Quote from: PThe Panel of Admins (TPA)

Hah, that's gonna get confusing.

ono

Quote from: Pok i think it's time for a little tutorial on the use of the search engine. and what better place to give it than here in this random thread where it will be totally ignored.
Funniest PSA ever.  Nice job.

mogwai

director's series, vol. 3 - the work of director michel gondry

Raikus

Awesome mogwai!

Just purchased it. Thanks.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

mogwai

thanks for all the response, it's been overwhelming.

Pubrick

great note to end on, with the bjorkness.
under the paving stones.