Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

diggler

Pretty big character moment with Walt calling off the Nazi's when he saw it was Hank coming for him. He could've got away clean, but he still tried to protect Hank. I don't think you'll see Hank or Jesse go down in this shootout, that would be awkward episode structuring. You may very well see them die in the next episode, but it won't be in this shootout. Gomie is such a red shirt, I hope the writers have a better plan than to just off him to justify a body count. It's amazing how this show unfolds so plausibly yet remains impossible to predict.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

MacGuffin

Cool! The Complete DVD Box Set For 'Breaking Bad' Is Shaped Like A Barrel.

The Breaking Bad DVD box set comes out is 16 discs, featuring all 62 episodes and more than 55 HOURS of bonus features. How do you hold something that comprehensive?

A barrel, of course. Check out the amazing details below, and then immediately add it to your Christmas wish lists.

What's in it? According to E!, here's what we have to look forward to.

No Half Measures – Creating the Final Season of Breaking Bad – An all-new, exclusive two hour documentary that chronicles the filming of the final eight episodes.

Bad Memories – Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul talk about the show ending and some of their favorite moments.

Bryan Cranston: Director – Go on set with Bryan Cranston as he directs the first episode of the season entitled Blood Money.

Scene Envy – The Cast tell us which scene they wish they could have been in.

Shocking Moments – The stars reveal the moments that shocked them most.

From Walt to Heisenberg – From high school teacher to deadly meth dealer, watch as Walter White quickly transforms into Heisenberg.

How Will It End? – At the beginning of the season, the cast was asked to give their thoughts on how they thought the show would end.

Avenging Agent: Dean Norris as Hank Schrader — A look at the character Hank Schrader and the man who played him, Dean Norris.

Scene Stealer: Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader – A look at the character Marie Schrader and the woman who plays her, Betsy Brandt.

A Criminal Attorney: Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman –A look at the character Saul Goodman and the man who played him, Bob Odenkirk.

Jesse's Journey: Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman – A look at the character Jesse Pinkman and the man who played him, Aaron Paul.

Skyler Breaks Bad: Anna Gunn on Season Four – Actress Anna Gunn and series creator Vince Gilligan explore Skyler's character evolution through the fourth season.

Growing Up in the White House: RJ Mitte on Walter, Jr. – RJ Mitte, Anna Gunn, Bryan Cranston and series creator Vince Gilligan discuss the extraordinary dynamics of the White family, and Walter, Jr.'s unique role.

The Ultimate Chess Match – Members of the cast and crew discuss Walter White and Gus Fring's extraordinary and complicated battle of wits and their struggle for Jesse's allegiance.

Looking Back: A Season Four Retrospective – Season Four's most surprising and memorable moments.

Ted's Wipeout – In Episode 411, Crawl Space, Ted Beneke suffers a head injury while trying to escape from Saul's goons. In this featurette, Christopher Cousins (Ted) explains how this shocking stunt was accomplished.

The Truck Attack Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of the Los Pollos Hermanos truck attack and the brilliant shot-by-shot storyboards that were created for the episode Bullet Points.

Walt and the Challenger Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of the sequence where Walt indulges in some crazy stunt driving in Walt Jr.'s Dodge Challenger and the storyboards that were created.

Additionally, Breaking Bad: The Final Season DVDs will include the following Bonus Features:

Cast and Crew Commentaries – On Every Episode

4 Featurettes – The Main Event, The Final Showdown, Life of a Show Runner and Behind-the-Scenes of the Alternate Ending

Alternate Ending – A 3-minute alternate version of how Breaking Bad could have ended.

Deleted & Extended Scenes

Gag Reel

Walt's Confession

The Layers of a Sound Mix

Over 15 Episodes of Inside Breaking Bad

Uncensored and Extended Episodes

Breaking Bad the complete series will be released on November 26th.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Drenk

QuoteAlternate Ending – A 3-minute alternate version of how Breaking Bad could have ended.

Whaaat? Weird.  TV shows don't usually have an alternate ending.

For Ozymandias, I hope that Jane's death will be discovered by Jesse.

"Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Not just Jane's death, actually. But all Walt's "works". And not just to Jesse but to the world. And please, despair, too. Yes. A lot. It will be a long week...

And Dean Norris is back:

Ascension.

Brando

Quote from: Drenka on September 09, 2013, 04:23:52 PM
QuoteAlternate Ending – A 3-minute alternate version of how Breaking Bad could have ended.

They must be extremely confident in the ending or the alternative isn't much different.

No mention of Jesse's confession which they said would be included on the BB podcast.
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Drenka on September 09, 2013, 04:23:52 PM

It's usually to throw off people (crew members, press, spies, etc) so they won't know what ending is the true ending to leak on the Internet.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Brando on September 09, 2013, 03:07:28 PMThere doesn't seem two episodes worth of material in the flash forward and especially how fast things happen on BB. Also, The fall out needs more time. I would expect we don't catch up to the flash forward until the final episode. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't catch up until the final half or third of the final episode.

As I was saying before, the title of Episode 15 suggests otherwise.

I wonder how they're going to do the time jump(s).

Frederico Fellini

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on September 09, 2013, 05:11:38 PM
Quote from: Brando on September 09, 2013, 03:07:28 PMThere doesn't seem two episodes worth of material in the flash forward and especially how fast things happen on BB. Also, The fall out needs more time. I would expect we don't catch up to the flash forward until the final episode. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't catch up until the final half or third of the final episode.

Exactly. The title of the episode and the poem itself, all point to the empire falling and "the mask coming off".

"Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

The whole world will know who Walter White is and all the things he's done. That's when he'll disappear... and then reappear looking like shit, probably on his last days. He's given up on chemo (as you can see by the long hair in the flashback) and his family is gone (he's having breakfast alone on his birthday). He's got one more enemy to take out (probably Jesse) and judging by Marty Robbin's song "Feleena" (Last episode "Felina" references the title), in the last episode Walt will die at the hands of a "young cowboy" while "Feleena" watches. Then Feleena kills herself. Walt the main character, Jesse the young cowboy, Feleena is Skylar? Fuck if I know.

Lyrics in case you wanna make your own shitty predictions:  http://www.metrolyrics.com/feleena-from-el-paso-lyrics-marty-robbins.html
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Brando

I haven't heard anything about Felina being a reference to a song. I've only heard it being an anagram for finale. I also don't see why they would reference a song about a woman named Feleena for the ending of Breaking Bad.

I don't think Walt would need that big of a gun to get revenge on Jesse. At this point, I see Lydia, Todd and the Nazis as the best candidates for why Walt will return to Albuquerque. They seem like enough of a threat for Walt flee to New Hampshire. If Walt needed a huge gun to get revenge on anyone, it would be the Nazis and maybe save the Ricin for Lydia.

Walt could try and talk a cease fire between the two sides. It goes wrong and Hank and Gomez die. During this Jesse gets away but sees Hank and Gomez are killed. Walt and the Nazis get rid of the two bodies. Walt is distraught and refuses to cook. Jesse gets back to town and tells Marie that Walt had Hank killed. Shit gets real. Marie goes off. Skyler learns of Hank being killed and leaves Walt. It gets out that Walt is Heisenberg. The Nazis try to have Walt killed to keep him from being arrested and talking. Walt flees to the Granite State. He decides to go back to get revenge on the Nazis and die in a blaze of gunfire.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on September 09, 2013, 05:11:38 PM

Breaking Bad at it's best is when it's left the viewers in the dark to what Walt has planned.  We didn't know about Brock. We didn't know what Walt had planned when he walked into Tuco's. That is why I thought they would try to delay us catching up to the fast forward for as long as possible. Walt could leave for New Hampshire at the end of episode called Granite State. Then the last episode opens with Walt walking into Denny's.

If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Brando on September 09, 2013, 07:38:57 PMWalt could leave for New Hampshire at the end of episode called Granite State. Then the last episode opens with Walt walking into Denny's.

I thought it was figured out that Walt is in Texas in the flashforward (Lydia's state). Maybe NM but probably Texas, but definitely not New Hampshire.

Brando

I didn't catch that it was in Texas. I thought he was in Albuquerque. Maybe I'm confused cause on the podcast they said they shot it at the same Denny's they shot the end of Box Cutter.

Jeremy Blackman

I think it was posted in this thread that someone figured it out based on the distance (or time?) he mentioned in that scene. Which would make a Walt/Lydia standoff somewhat likely.

Anyway, you'd think that whatever develops in New Hampshire needs to be established before the diner scene chronologically arrives. If they're going to name an entire episode after New Hampshire, something has to happen there besides Walt briefly picking up a new identity, right?

If not much happens in New Hampshire, I guess they could have multiple time jumps, but that would be too awkward. I mean really, these are the mutually exclusive options:

- Show what happens in New Hampshire
- Don't show New Hampshire, just time jump as Walt is leaving town
- Use multiple time jumps

Frederico Fellini

Next episode Todd and Lydia are definitely gonna get it on..... Such an odd couple. She is a heavenly blessed beauty who's inner beauty is so divine and everlasting....... and he looks like he has downs.  Let's see how the writers make it work.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Brando

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on September 09, 2013, 08:07:35 PM
I think it was posted in this thread that someone figured it out based on the distance (or time?) he mentioned in that scene. Which would make a Walt/Lydia standoff somewhat likely.

He has to be in Albuquerque in both flash forwards. He has the car and gun in the trunk when he arrives at the house to pick up the ricin. Otherwise, Walt went to Texas to do nothing but buy a gun from a gun dealer that we know to be from Albuquerque.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on September 09, 2013, 08:07:35 PM
Anyway, you'd think that whatever develops in New Hampshire needs to be established before the diner scene chronologically arrives. If they're going to name an entire episode after New Hampshire, something has to happen there besides Walt briefly picking up a new identity, right?

That's true. They could probably get away with showing as little as Walt being alone and depressed. He just looks like he got out of Shawshank and can't make it on the outside reinforcing why he would want to come back to Albuquerque.

mogwai

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Brando on September 09, 2013, 08:51:15 PMHe has to be in Albuquerque in both flash forwards. He has the car and gun in the trunk when he arrives at the house to pick up the ricin. Otherwise, Walt went to Texas to do nothing but buy a gun from a gun dealer that we know to be from Albuquerque.

Oh, good call. It's definitely Albequerque then.

Still thinking about the flash forwards (or is it flashes forward?). Walt is clearly taking his time, so he's not rescuing someone in immediate peril, like his family being held hostage. And if he were scared for his own life, he wouldn't be strolling around Albequerque. So he's on the offensive.

My predictions:

Ricin - He finishes off Brock once and for all.
M60 - Just wants to blow off some steam at the range.