Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

diggler

I guess they're relying on word of mouth to get the ratings up for the close.  You have to watch the entire series to appreciate it, which takes time.  If I remember correctly, the final season of The Wire was the only one I watched in real time.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Nice.

I assume that doesn't reflect an actual setting.

Reel

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on June 04, 2012, 10:17:03 PM
I assume that doesn't reflect an actual setting.

why not? Looks like they moved right in and are ready to open up shop. Cranston is so gangsta. Crangsta..

©brad

Jeremy Blackman

Nice!

That looks to be about 15% new footage. Clever.

©brad

Indeed! I feel it's an ideal compromise between shows that reveal way too many sporadic clips from the first half of the season to the Matthew Weiner model of "you get nothing!"

Jeremy Blackman

The theme of the upcoming season seems to be "Walter is dominant." It's kind of what we've been wanting for his character all along. It will probably be massively satisfying with a significant twinge of guilt, exactly how last season ended. I'm hoping for even more layers of moral ambiguity.

There will of course be complications along his path, but I don't see him being subservient ever again. Their best opportunity with the character at this point is to let him corrupt himself with his dominance, and all the things he surely has to do to maintain it. This will inevitably refocus the moral pressures onto his family and probably put them in even greater danger.

Pubrick

That's OK but it's not very interesting.

What I'd like to see is having him be faced with the decision where he has to give it all up (right at the peak of his power) in order to retain a single speck of humanity.  Or something.

this show is impossible to predict, but that seems like the toughest corner the show could write itself into.
under the paving stones.

Brando

Great trailer. Totally expected Walt to see the situation as an opportunity rather than his way out. but didn't expect that Jessie would still be up for it if i'm reading his "we're going to start cooking again?" comment as he is up for it.
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

modage

I've seen the first two episodes of Season 5.

It's. So. Good.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

Excellent!

All that time in the writer's room pays off. I still have no idea how Vince gets away with that.

ono

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/02/breaking-bad-season-5-clip/

Spoiler:

Oh, and it looks like this woman will be playing one of Gus's associates.  I don't know where or when, just something I saw in EW.  Yeah, ew.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

is Anna Gunn losing weight? I'm not sure if she was pregnant last season (in real life), but she definitely ballooned a bit and it looked weird with her plastic surgery...not that that did anything to sway from the show's integrity. Juuust a simple observation.

ono

SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS

Best promo yet.  Interesting to see what you can make out as far as people/costumes when you pause at the proper times.  Jesse stepping between Mike('s gun) and Walt?  Whoa.  Just for one.

[countdown=7,15,2012,22,0][/countdown]