What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

hedwig

modage

earlier:

just now:

lesson learned: don't discriminate against jews/mexicans.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

hedwig

JG

modage

last night:

tonight:

lesson(s) learned: don't be lazy or drink alcohol.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Lesson learned: don't watch The Interpreter.
My house, my rules, my coffee

this on the ipod:

and it's brilliant.
context, context, context.

penfold0101

I didn't think it was all that good  :yabbse-undecided:
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

modage

valentines day doublefeature

lesson learned: i REALLY love these movies.

last days of gerry the elephant

I just took out Four Rooms,

And put in Dead or Alive,

modage

this was nothing like i had imagined it from this box.  it's a lot darker than i had imagined it would be.  and its not in color.  and its actually really good.

Anonymous Joe

I would figure it would be alot "hotter"

Sunrise

First Haneke for me. I've got most of the rest lined up in the queue.

modage

this was great!  reminded me a bit of Lost, except on a raft.  it was cool how all the characters were multidimensional.  like, the rich woman you'd think would be a total bitch the whole movie really isn't.  nobody is just one thing.   :yabbse-thumbup: