Generation Kill

Started by cron, July 14, 2008, 06:27:01 PM

i think it felt different because of two reasons,

it's made by a different director , and most of what happens in the story is stuff where the reporter couldn't be present and therefore felt more like fiction.

context, context, context.

Fernando

Final ep. this sunday

I've really really liked these last 2 eps, haven't seen war depicted like this.

Combat scenes have been great too, not glamorous or anything, in fact I've found them to be depressing in many cases as well as other non-combat stuff.

Loved the conversation of the credits from Stay Frosty.

an all around great series, it's like the wire in the way that it's another valuable document about being a citizen of the world in the noughties.
i loved that football scene in the last episode. watching patterson beat the shit out of encino man was glorious and  ray screaming to rudy 'you're just like every other bully in highschool!' was so touching. i'm going to miss these assholes. i don't have much else to say about it , just that i need to re watch it with subtitles.
context, context, context.

pete

great.  all the drama came out and ended with a real nice sequence.  very emotional.  the scene of a bunch of soldiers scaling a wall is hilarious.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pas

Just finished this and it's probably one of the best show I've ever watched. The performances are nothing short of legendary and I feel this is very underrated. 2 pages here, almost no media talk as far as I know...

Wish there was more...

squints

Quote from: Pas Rap on March 31, 2009, 08:17:51 PM
Just finished this and it's probably one of the best show I've ever watched.

Wish there was more...

you've seen the wire right?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pas

yes and I absolutely loved it but season 5 kinda tarnished my memory of the show.