saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

ono

Agreed.  I read on another message board and plans to have her do double duty next year are already in the works.  Forget the source, no word on how legit it is.

MacGuffin

Radiohead To Open 37th Season of 'Saturday Night Live'The band will kick of the late-night show with host Alec Baldwin.
Source: THR

Radiohead will make their second appearance on Saturday Night Live to open the show's 37th season.

The premiere episode, which will air on September 24, will feature Alec Bladwin as the host, as previously announced. It will be his 16th appearance on the show. Baldwin has won three Golden Globe Awards, two Emmy Awards, and five SAG Awards for his role on NBC's 30 Rock.

Baldwin previously hosted the 35th season finale with musical guest Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, which aired May 15, 2010.

The Grammy Award winning band Radiohead recently released their latest album, The King Of Limbs.

The new episode airing on October 1 will be hosted by Mike and Molly actress Melissa McCarthy, with musical guest Lady Antebellum. This will be Lady Antebellum's first appearance on the show. Their third album, Own The Night, is scheduled for release September 13.

"Mark your calendars, Lady Aer's!" tweeted the trio after the announcement of their appearance on SNL.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Abby Elliot and Sarah Schneider Sing About Balls  ...okay.

The opener with Baldwin was pretty good, but the last two episodes were... not.  Doesn't help if you don't like McCarthy's brand of humor, but I expected more from Stiller.  Shouldn't have.  I didn't pay as much attention to the Stiller ep, though.  There were points where tuning out was easy which is never a good sign.  And I'm so burned out on Meyers as anchor.

ono

Some interesting hosts and musical guests coming up.

November 5: Charlie Day/Maroon 5
November 12: Emma Stone/Coldplay
November 19: Jason Segel/Florence + The Machine

Also, Jimmy Fallon to host in December as predicted some 11 years ago.

Pas

Charlie Day and Jason Segel have me excited.

The Anna Faris episode was shameful. I did not have a single laugh. Worst episode in years. Everything is tired in this show. Manuel Ortiz skit was only partly kinda almost fun because of the Hader reaction shots. That's it. The GOP skit was just painful to watch.

Neil

I just want to know where the socially conscious, or politically conscious writers are.

I watched the episode with ben stiller, and there are still pretty girl fart jokes going on.  Sad sad stuff.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Reel

These are Colin Quinn Tweets, I don't know how to make them look like real tweets:

iamcolinquinn
Anybody see Will Ferrell at Mark Twain awards last night? Great for him I guess.

iamcolinquinn
Not bitter but just....whatever, dude. Good for him.

iamcolinquinn
No, I'm happy for Will....we never really got along at SNL because he took so many of my ideas, but..

iamcolinquinn
Will was into a lot of bad drug stuff and I don't know if he still is. Actually, not true I happen to know he still is very much so.

iamcolinquinn
The years I was at SNL Lorne was really kind of messed up over various things and I was the shot caller. And that's real.

iamcolinquinn
Feel bad about the Will Ferrell comments. I'll never mention him again if he pays me my residuals for the WHOLE ANCHORMAN CONCEPT!

iamcolinquinn
If success is measured in awards and that jazz, I guess it's true, I'm not where I want to be. ( still hoping lol ) but it is what it is.

finally after a media shitstorm, this:

iamcolinquinn
To all media etc.. Will Ferrell was not on drugs at snl! I never even saw him smoke a joint! Is this what it's come to???

iamcolinquinn
Yesterday was a publicity maneuver so I can raise my profile and possibly get some sitcom work. And I think it's going to pay off!

squints

Thats pretty funny.

I've always found colin quinn unbearable.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

RegularKarate

You know those are jokes, right? 
He does that sort of thing a lot.

polkablues

Quote from: RegularKarate on November 03, 2011, 10:16:45 AM
You know those are jokes, right? 
He does that sort of thing a lot.

That does seem like the sort of thing that Colin Quinn would mistake for comedy.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

Hahahaha yes indeed

They put all the SNL of the 2000s on netflix (canada) now. I watched a couple Of 2001 and it was not that funny but much funnier than now really. At least it looked like they were trying to come up with something. Much lazier now.

Maybe lorne is done. Will this show live on after him?

ono

January 14, 2012 - Daniel Radcliffe / Lana Del Rey    
February 4, 2012 - Channing Tatum / Bon Iver
February 11, 2012 - Zooey Deschanel / Karmin

I feel like the rest of the world is about nine years late in discovering Zooey.  She's been a slow simmer, at the very least.  Could not care less about Tatum.  Yawn.

Recently: The Fallon episode about a month ago was one of the greater episodes of recent memory, not only for its nostalgia factor (which went a long way towards cementing how potent that era was), but it went to reiterate how energetic and enthusiastic a performer Fallon is.  The show is harder to watch now, not the same as it was in that golden age, but that's a familiar refrain anyway.

Was really surprised to see Barkley host a third time, but he has a good sense of humor, lending to sketches they'd be harder pressed to do otherwise.  The NBA on TNT sketch was quite amusing for that reason, what with Barkley aping Shaq and Kenan doing his hilarious Barkley.  Cold opening lampooning Santorum was teethless.  It's painful and boring watching SNL do political stuff these days, when they so easily miss the mark.  Wiig was annoying as always, even in that pretaped commercial.  Missed some of the back end of the show; DVR cut out.  Look forward to seeing what Radcliffe can do.  If he's as energetic as Gordon-Levitt, it'll be a good show.

MacGuffin

Maya Rudolph to Host 'Saturday Night Live'
Sleigh Bells is set as the musical guest for the Feb. 18 episode.
Source: THR

Former Saturday Night Live regular Maya Rudolph is heading back to Studio 8H, this time to host.

Currently starring on NBC comedy Up All Night, Rudolph will lead the Feb. 18 episode with musical guest Sleigh Bells. This marks her first time hosting the live late-night sketch comedy show since she left in 2007.

The Brooklyn-based duo Sleigh Bells will make their network TV debut on SNL. Their new album, Reign of Terror, is set for release Feb. 21. They came on to the scene with 2010's Treats.

Rudolph was last seen in the Universal big-screen comedy Bridesmaids, which earned two Academy Award nominations. She follows in the footsteps of SNL alum Jimmy Fallon, who returned to his old stomping grounds in December as host.

SNL is produced in association with Broadway Video. The creator and executive producer is Lorne Michaels.
Hosting this weekend for the first time is New Girl star Zooey Deschanel with musical guest Bon Iver.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

I thought this would be Mac posting about how Paul Brittain got axed.  Paul Brittain got axed, a la Jeff Richards.  He had some good moments.  If I had it my way, they'd've axed Jay Pharoah.  A one-note impressionist does not make a good cast member.  Unless you're Darrell Hammond, and he hit every note anyway.

Yay for Maya.  Thanks, Mac.