jenkins

i'm going to head to new Bev's twitter and crack the rest of the movie list

others pining for KB:TWBA (but no)
Red Dawn w/Rocky IV
Girlfriends w/It's My Turn
Cockfighter w/2LB
whatever Excalibur is
oooh okay one I should have known was We Need to Talk about Kevin
Once Upon a Time in China (oh he's dressed so nice in it, I knew it was a famous one)
The Lady Eve (shoulda known) (w/Sullivan's Travels ~and~ Palm Beach Story, no I bet it's two, but maybe four)
Black Sunday
Torso
Michael Clayton (what?)
Don't Torture a Duckling
Over the Edge (shoulda known, thought it was this tbh)

wilberfan

Hard not to get goosebumps after almost a year and a half.

https://vimeo.com/562692234

WorldForgot

wilberfan, if you use "[vimeo end bracket  and start bracket /vimeo]" you can embed Vimeo vidz ~

Quote from: WorldForgot on June 14, 2021, 06:01:16 PM

Screamz 1 & 2?
Kill Bill Vol 1.
The Warriors
The Heartbreak Kid (pretty sure...)

wilberfan

Oh, thanks.  I thought it happened automagically--like YouTube. 

jenkins

new bev's July is up

this is the one I screencapped and wondered about:

QuoteTHE BIG BOSS PART II

ULTRA RARE BRUCEPLOITATION – one of the most sought-after kung fu titles ever! The unofficial sequel to Bruce Lee's The Big Boss picks up right where it's predecessor ends, substitutes Bruce Le for the original film's iconic star, throws him in jail for his actions in the first movie, then has Five Fingers of Death legend Lo Lieh show up as his brother to continue their family's vengeance! See Lo Lieh punch and kick his way through an army of bad dudes, fall in love, and even fight an alligator on the way to an epic finale set in the famous ice factory from the first film.

and this Netflix movie is being shown on 35mm:

jenkins

Quote from: jenkins on June 24, 2021, 09:01:10 PM
new bev's July is up

this is the one I screencapped and wondered about:

QuoteTHE BIG BOSS PART II

ULTRA RARE BRUCEPLOITATION – one of the most sought-after kung fu titles ever! The unofficial sequel to Bruce Lee's The Big Boss picks up right where it's predecessor ends, substitutes Bruce Le for the original film's iconic star, throws him in jail for his actions in the first movie, then has Five Fingers of Death legend Lo Lieh show up as his brother to continue their family's vengeance! See Lo Lieh punch and kick his way through an army of bad dudes, fall in love, and even fight an alligator on the way to an epic finale set in the famous ice factory from the first film.

ugh I missed it. it's happening tonight. reminder to self to get back into the swing of things

WorldForgot

WorldForgot

Vista calendar from '81:

wilberfan

Wow!  I was going to all (well, most) of the revival houses back then--but I don't remember ever visiting the Vista.  I lived in Van Nuys at the time, I'll bet the West side houses were just more convenient. 

WorldForgot

They Live, Boogie Nights, Devil in a Blue Dress, Rebel Without a Cause, T2, Chopping Mall, Mulholland Drive, and best of all REPO MAN

WorldForgot

Eyes Without a Face, Last Night in Soho, Phantom of the Paradise, Carrie (de palmz), Hausu, The Birds, Beetlejuice, Killer Clowns from Outer Space, Attack the Block, Shaun of the Dead, Snoop Dogg in Bones, Suspiria, Se7en, Harold and Maude.

Alethia

Did I also see Rage: Carrie 2 in there?

WorldForgot

Haha, I haven't seen that one so I wouldn't recognize it. But you've got me hopeful!