XIXAX Film Forum

Revival Circuit

w/o horse · 70 · 13467

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #60 on: May 02, 2021, 02:03:13 PM
Re-opening right after I leave, of course. I canít do anything right.  :doh:

they're just trying to look nice for when they see you next

Man, the now Fairfax Cinema certainly has some stories to tell.  The whole Cinefamily drama, prior to that a management involved murder (I've forgotten the details)--and way less dramatic--seeing silent movies there with my Pops when I was a kid.

totally. Brain Dead began as, and still is, a clothing company, previously interacting with Fairfax Cinema through this Happiness shirt

so there's the possibility that, now that Brain Dead has assumed full control of operations, there will be more movie-themed t-shirts arriving. you might even find yourself in the situation in which you're in line next to a person who's there for not the movie but the shirt

what I can presume is that it is the same building owners and management of the theater, and name, has been passed onto Brain Dead

WorldForgot

• 'change your hair, change your life'
    • portfolio ~
Reply #61 on: May 07, 2021, 01:41:36 PM

jenkins

Reply #62 on: May 07, 2021, 02:00:37 PM
Paris Is Burning <3 Dazed and Confused <3 it's funny for a guy like me to say, but I've never seen Cinema Paradiso. it might sell out and I might still miss it, lol. I anticipate there will be a limited capacity as at other theaters (although restrictions may change? do we yet know how the old normal will return?) it's so adorable that his own movies are not only a part of the trailer, but a major part of the trailer. it's a part of him that you have to accept in order to accept him, his huge ego, and he does happen to have close enough to a heart of a gold

eward

Reply #63 on: May 07, 2021, 02:06:42 PM
The FOMO is real.

jenkins

Reply #64 on: May 07, 2021, 02:19:47 PM
we're missing out on you

WorldForgot

• portfolio ~
Reply #65 on: May 07, 2021, 02:21:44 PM
Facts^

In a way that lobby + concessions experience will be more comfortable at limited capacity.
I'm already feeling anxious about the waiting-in-line bit, though. Will feel much more at home with it once cases are complete Nil.

jenkins

Reply #66 on: May 10, 2021, 11:41:18 PM
just fyi an Academy charter member gets you exclusive screenings, early access, priority admission, and complimentary general admission. it lasts for a year and at $100 it's not a bad deal at all. it'll undoubtedly be the coolest new theatrical thing in la for a while after it opens

jenkins

Reply #67 on: Yesterday at 05:16:23 PM
The marquee for the new bev now says OUATIH June 1-6. Welp hopefully some day matinees too. Frankly wouldíve preferred any other movie of his but thatís the way it is

WorldForgot

• portfolio ~
Reply #68 on: Yesterday at 06:43:11 PM
SEE THE FILM / READ THE BOOK

(likewise, though, my feeling was that a better hype vehicle would have been to program a diff QT each night for the first 9 days)
I get that it's promo for the novelization + audiobook, though.

jenkins

Reply #69 on: Yesterday at 07:08:42 PM
June 29 is the bookís pub date. Will the book sell early at the theater? Iíd bite the temporary feeling of excitement, something special. If it opens without the book for sale then itís a movie I saw twice at the new bev already so Iíll feel like Iím going backward instead of forward. A different qt every night would be nice since Iíve seen reservoir dogs and django unchained there too. Most of all, obviously I think, really, he should reopen with the whole bloody affair, which has played there too, but I didnít go, and thatís a special theatrical opportunity

Iíll have to wait and see what happens since once again this world isnít up to me