All Things Stephen King

Started by MacGuffin, December 05, 2006, 07:24:52 PM

Reel

Quote from: Reelist on May 16, 2012, 05:07:48 PM
My top ten favorite Stephen King movies

3. Sometimes They Come Back

Now, this is a joke. Just watched it again and boy did it not hold up. I gotta stop relying on my 8 year old brain for movie suggestions. I remember it freaking me out so much as a kid because of how relentless and invincible the bullies are, and imagining being at such a vulnerable place in your life that even your Dad is constantly in fear...

The ghouly makeup was still cool, but there wasn't nearly enough of it. If they were in the ghouly makeup for the entire 3rd act, I might still like it.

New rule: If you thought the movie was scary as a kid, read the book as an adult!

MacGuffin

J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot To Option Stephen King Novel '11/22/63′ For TV Series
BY NELLIE ANDREEVA | Deadline

J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot is in negotiations for the rights to Stephen King's bestselling 2011 novel 11/22/63. The deal is being done through Warner Bros TV, where Bad Robot is under a deal. I hear the plan is to adapt the book as a TV series or miniseries, likely for cable.

11/22/63 centers on Jake, an unassuming divorced English teacher who stumbles upon a time portal that leads to 9/9/1958 and goes on a quest to try and prevent the assassination of John F. Kennedy, which occurred on November 22, 1963. Bad Robot, which received an early renewal for NBC's Revolution earlier today, had been looking to expand its TV business to cable.

In addition to Revolution, the company has CBS drama Person Of Interest also renewed for next season. The deal for 11/22/63 comes on the heels of CBS' green light for a drama series based on King's novel Under The Dome, which will air this summer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lottery

You know, I think Stephen King is great. He's the Dickens of our time but with a fixation on much darker things.

A book that I'd love to see adapted is Duma Key. That was a damn good story.

polkablues

Anybody else watching "Under the Dome"?

We're two episodes in and it's bad. Real bad. Bad writing, bad acting, bad dog wrangling, bad everything.

I'm going to keep watching it to see how bad it gets.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Scott Cooper Replacing Ben Affleck As Director Of Stephen King's 'The Stand'
BY MIKE FLEMING JR | Deadline

BREAKING: Warner Bros has set Scott Cooper to re-write and direct The Stand, the seminal post-apocalyptic Stephen King novel. That means that while the studio has Ben Affleck as its new Caped Crusader for Batman Vs. Superman, Affleck has withdrawn from The Stand. He had been set in late 2011 to write the script and direct. Affleck is busy directing and starring in his scripted adaptation of Dennis Lehane's Live By Night for Warner Bros.

Warner Bros is teamed on the project with CBS Films, which is co-producing and co-presenting and possibly financing the project together.

Published in 1978, the mammoth novel covered a biological apocalyptic disaster that decimated the population. The survivors then had to try and piece together a new form of humanity and it became a good vs evil struggle, with elements of the supernatural thrown in for good measure. King was at his best, both in creating depictions of the demise of civilization and in the arcs of characters good and bad who became important in a new order. The novel is so sprawling that I always wondered how it could be compressed into a feature, and it was turned into a solid miniseries. Now, Cooper will try to mount what for Warner Bros continues to be a big priority project.

Roy Lee and Mosaic are producing for Warners and Jon Berg is the studio exec. Cooper is currently developing Creek with Leonardo DiCaprio, and his next film, Out Of The Furnace, is released December 6. That one was produced by Appian Way and Scott Free. Cooper, the actor-turned-filmmaker who made his breakthrough with the Jeff Bridges-starrer Crazy Heart, is represented by CAA and attorney Darren Trattner.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks