The Office

Started by Redlum, September 19, 2003, 11:46:50 AM

Stefen

Am I a sucker for wanting more Jim & Pam romance stories? I mean, to the point I'm writing my own fan fiction about it? www.stefensawesomejamromanceshorts.com
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

just when I thought I'd stop watching the show altogether, some good drama goes down!  yay for pam.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

After tonights finale, I bet Jim's turning that kitty kat inside out.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

I Love a Magician

god damn great episode

swing low, sweet chariots

squints

May 17, 2007 -- "THE Office" star Jenna Fischer won't be going back to Buddakan any time soon. The pretty brunette was celebrating her series being renewed Monday night with friends when she slipped on the restaurant's marble steps and fractured four bones in her back. A friend said she spent the night in St. Vincent's hospital and had to cancel an appearance on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" and a Harper's Bazaar shoot. Fischer's rep, Lewis Kay, said yesterday she's "doing much better and is resting at her hotel. Her husband [director James Gunn] flew in to be with her."
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

tpfkabi

Quote from: squints on May 18, 2007, 02:12:48 AM
May 17, 2007 -- "THE Office" star Jenna Fischer won't be going back to Buddakan any time soon. The pretty brunette was celebrating her series being renewed Monday night with friends when she slipped on the restaurant's marble steps and fractured four bones in her back. A friend said she spent the night in St. Vincent's hospital and had to cancel an appearance on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" and a Harper's Bazaar shoot. Fischer's rep, Lewis Kay, said yesterday she's "doing much better and is resting at her hotel. Her husband [director James Gunn] flew in to be with her."

ah, that's sad, i like her.

Season 4 please have more Stanley.

I think he's my favorite character, or at least of the supporting ones.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Kal

Creed is excellent... and unlike others its one of those actors that I would really believe he is as creepy as his character. He is great.

I just saw the finale and was a little disappointed. I was expecting a bigger 'surprise', or something big like last year. It was very good, but also very predictable. Ryan's face at the end was priceless.

Rashida Jones has a new pilot, so if that goes well I guess its clear why they took this direction.

Stefen

This was the funniest episode of the whole series. Great way to start the 4th season.

spoilers.

When Michael ran Meredith over with his car, I about died laughing.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: kal on May 18, 2007, 11:44:56 PM
Creed is excellent... and unlike others its one of those actors that I would really believe he is as creepy as his character. He is great.

He's seriously becoming my favorite character on the show. "82 on November 1st," I fucking lost it.  This is where the US show got it right.  Everyone in that office is a character; it's not just a select group of 7 or 8 and the rest of them are extras.  But the Jim/Pam thing is destined to end badly by the end of the season.  I can't see it being interesting otherwise.

Stefen

Yeah, Creed's awesome.

"I've been a member of a number of cults, both as a follower and a leader. Being a follower is alot funner, but you make more money being a leader."

RegularKarate

Quote from: Stefen on September 27, 2007, 09:58:55 PM
This was the funniest episode of the whole series.

No way... I definitely laughed a lot, but it's clearly taken a dip in quality already (not so much that I'm writing it off or anything.. still a great show).  The characters are becoming a little too predictable characatures of themselves and Michael Scott is turning into Homer Simpson.

Stefen

It was the first show. I liked it alot. Alot more than I liked the first half of last seasons episodes.

There were alot of gags/plots that I thought were awesome. The bloody nipples, the dead cat, learning more about Creed, Jans mid-life crisis, Kevins PB & J suspicions. Maybe it was just that there was alot going on since it was an hour, but I laughed harder in this episode than I have in any of the other episodes. And I mean laugh, not just chuckle.

As for Michael, he's always been my LEAST favorite character, and to be honest, I've always found him kind of annoying, much like I do Homer Simpson (and the Simpsons in general)

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: RegularKarate on September 28, 2007, 12:30:51 PM
Michael Scott is turning into Homer Simpson.

Yeah, that bothered me a little bit too.  It's a return to the Michael Scott of the first 2 seasons, where they were overreaching with the inappropriate stuff he did and I found myself cringing and shaking my head more than laughing.  Last season, I think Carell and the writers finally got that right mix of funny but uncomfortable but not so uncomfortable that you constantly ask yourself how he can still have a job.

Pozer

Quote from: RegularKarate on September 28, 2007, 12:30:51 PM
Quote from: Stefen on September 27, 2007, 09:58:55 PM
This was the funniest episode of the whole series.

No way... I definitely laughed a lot, but it's clearly taken a dip in quality already (not so much that I'm writing it off or anything.. still a great show).  The characters are becoming a little too predictable characatures of themselves and Michael Scott is turning into Homer Simpson.

acreed.

tpfkabi

i was thinking they went a little too far with Michael not caring at all about hitting someone and then Dwight torturing a cat - albe unintentionally.

would it be interesting if Creed and Dwight became enemies?
i wonder if 'Jam' will still mess with Dwight or be more focused on one another.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.