Who's Next To Croak?

Started by cine, September 28, 2003, 11:07:39 AM

wilberfan

Quote from: wilberfan on May 16, 2020, 05:37:04 PM
I just feel so bad for him...

Marc put up a gut-wrenchingly honest tribute to Lynn very early this morning--in keeping with the WTF schedule.  They reposted the episode with Lynn from 2015--which is when they met.  I was so proud of him for continuing to be as honest and open and self-reflective as he has been over the past few years.  I wasn't sure that he wouldn't take some time off.  It was tough to listen to without joining him in his tears...

Alethia

Yep, I'm proud of him, too. And man, his voice, so thin and quavering, had an eerily familiar quality to it that brought me back ten years. Going from distress to relative calmness when speaking about her to even a light chuckle at one point then careening back to sobbing distress in endless circles...poor guy.  :(  But he'll get through it. It ain't gonna be quick, and it ain't gonna be easy, but he will.

wilberfan

wilberfan

wilberfan

Drenk

These Batman were so fun to watch as a kid.
Ascension.

polkablues

To me, Lost Boys, Phone Booth, and (especially) Tigerland more than make up for any of his misfires.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Fuzzy Dunlop

Batman Forever was a big deal for me as a kid. This interview is great, he had a wild life. https://www.vulture.com/2020/06/joel-schumacher-in-conversation.html

WorldForgot

<3

I don't think I've disliked any of his movies. Was the perfect age for his Batman when they came out - then discovered Flatliners, Falling Down, Lost Boys, St Elmos Fire, Phone Booth in my teens. Genre fillmmaking at a mainstream scale - in a form that I appreciate more than Cameron's.

wilberfan

Quote from: Fuzzy Dunlop on June 22, 2020, 04:06:30 PM
Batman Forever was a big deal for me as a kid. This interview is great, he had a wild life. https://www.vulture.com/2020/06/joel-schumacher-in-conversation.html

Jesus.  "Wild" seems like an understatement!  Great interview, indeed.

wilberfan

polkablues

Man, Carl Reiner is one of those dudes who makes you want to give up, because you're never going to be as good at anything as he was at everything.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Alethia

wilberfan