The Boondocks

Started by hedwig, November 05, 2005, 09:27:12 PM

Punch

Season 4 premieres April 21 on Adult Swim. 20 episodes.

Apparently Aaron McGruder wasn't involved in the production of this season and it's the final season of the series.
"oh you haven't truly watched a film if you didn't watch it on the big screen" mumbles the bourgeois dipshit

Lottery

I loved the first two seasons and didn't catch the third. Odd choice, not to have McGruder.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

I love this show. Don't really keep track of it, but you could tell McGruder was getting bored with the strip at the end with his three panels and so much more to say, and this show offers so much more in terms of creative freedom. Look forward to it.

EDIT: Wow, after all that, I just read that this season is McGruder-less. Should have caught that from Lottery's comment.

Punch

FROM AARON MCGRUDER:

As the world now knows, The Boondocks will be returning for a fourth season, but I will not be returning with it. I'd like to extend my gratitude to Sony and Adult Swim for three great seasons.

I created The Boondocks two decades ago in college, did the daily comic for six years, and was showrunner on the animated series for the first three seasons. The Boondocks pretty much represents my life's work to this point. Huey, Riley, and Granddad are not just property to me. They are my fictional blood relatives. Nothing is more painful than to leave them behind.

To quote a great white man, "Hollywood is a business". And to quote another great white man, "Don't hold grudges".

What has never been lost on me is the enormous responsibility that came with The Boondocks - particularly the television show and it's relatively young audience. It was important to offend, but equally important to offend for the right reasons. For three seasons I personally navigated this show through the minefields of controversy. It was not perfect. And it definitely was not quick. But it was always done with a keen sense of duty, history, culture, and love. Anything less would have been simply unacceptable.

As for me, I'm finally putting a life of controversy and troublemaking behind me with my upcoming Adult Swim show, BLACK JESUS.
:yabbse-thumbdown:
"oh you haven't truly watched a film if you didn't watch it on the big screen" mumbles the bourgeois dipshit

Punch

FULL TRAILER (W/ breaking bad reference)