saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

Sleuth

Quote from: Gamblor: PrinceofDarkness
Quote from: Slobh
Horatio Sanz was also an old member before they got the show, so I guess he may be funny away from SNL too (Gamblor seems to think so) but I don't know

I do? If I did say that, I've changed my mind. I think Horation Sanz is funny on SNL, he wasn't very good at UCB. As for Poehler, haven't watched SNL in a long time, but she's great on that first season dvd of UCB, which had me laughing really at hard. "You are the one who will someday defeat me."

Well, either way, victory for UCB.

And I hated this past SNL episode except for very few things (one of which was unintentional I believe)
I like to hug dogs

ono

Well, the Best of Will Farrell Vol. 2 episode a few weeks ago was great, and last night, Jennifer Aniston hosted with the Black Eyed Peas, and it was hilarious.  Her monologue where Joey blew his brains out after she chose Ross had me roaring.  The paparazzi sketch was hilarious, too.  "Hey, Jennifer, when are you gonna have a baby?!"  The Country Roses sketch was hilarious, but the Appalachian ER one left a bit to be desired.  Good episode, though.

I am not, however, looking forward to next week.  Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey hosting?  G-unit who?  Bleh.

mogwai

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaG-unit who?  Bleh.
50 cent and his homies.

ono

The Jessica Simpson/Nick Lachey episode was actually pretty good.  Color me surprised.

And this week, well, "you've just been slammed!"  Classic episode.  'Nuff said.

freakerdude

the taxi skit was a really good one IMO.
MC Pee Pants

Ravi

They should stop bringing out the Native American comic on Weekend Update.  He uses Native American words for the punchline and Jimmy thinks he is funny, we get it already!

Pas

It was done on South Park before anyway

cine

Who caught the screw up by Don Pardo on SNL this week?
"Chris Kattan -- Chris Parnell!"

Really good show this week. Armisen's Native American character on WU had me in tears.

Raikus

Quote from: CinephileArmisen's Native American character on WU had me in tears.
Because you pitied the fool, right? Right?!

It couldn't be because you enjoyed his hucajo baduy!!!

You see, that's Native American for "talk of comedy." Nothing? Is this thing on?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

cine

Quote from: RaikusNothing? Is this thing on?
:lol:
I love how he added that to his character. I was worried he wouldn't do it again because the audience didn't laugh too hard the first time. But, oh, they laughed this time. It's been a very good season so far. There's isn't one person that looks awkward to me, like how Jerry Minor and Dean Edwards did to me in the past.

Raikus

How can you--can anyone--find Horatio Sans funny? He's sucking "comedy" from the entire planet. The guy just can not keep it together and has no timing or anything. It's painful to watch.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

cine

I see what you mean with the timing thing but I can't help but laugh hysterically at characters like his Gene Shalit impression.

godardian

Last night's episode (w/ Megan Mullally) had some of the best bits in a long time. The Oprah sketch was just sheer physical-chaos-comedy genius, I loved it, up there with Marx Bros. Tina Fey's joke about her college years was really funny, too.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

pete

I thought horatio sanz was hilarious when he did that jefferey's sketch, the one that sean hayes and jimmy fallon cracked up at.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ono

I think Horatio Sanz is hilarious, myself.  His characters, as Cinephile said, make him so.  Shalit is a revelation, and in the sketch Fallon and Dratch do about the Bostonians, his character is hilarious.  Ditto with his sketch with Fallon about the web broadcast.  In fact, everyone on SNL is stellar this year.  What Cinephile said is right: this has been a very good season.  And godardian's avatar keeps changing like every five minutes.  How eerily interesting.