There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

The Red Vine

I've been holding out on buying the teaser poster for this very reason. I'm predicting brilliance here.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

The Red Vine

"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

modage

god i hope that a fake.  if its not its the first evidence that PT will not be involved in all marketing materials as in films past.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

elpablo

Fernando

From that angle he looks like Seth Bullock from Deadwood.

Ghostboy

Quote from: modage on October 18, 2007, 10:35:46 AM
god i hope that a fake.  if its not its the first evidence that PT will not be involved in all marketing materials as in films past.

That looks like the kinda thing he'd do, actually. Kinda like the PDL dvd slipcase. I like the stark simplicity of it.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Marty McSuperfly

If that's real, I think I'll stick with my advance one sheet. Disappointing ... :yabbse-thumbdown:

Pozer

Quote from: Ghostboy on October 18, 2007, 11:46:07 AM
Quote from: modage on October 18, 2007, 10:35:46 AM

That looks like the kinda thing he'd do, actually. Kinda like the PDL dvd slipcase. I like the stark simplicity of it.

i was actually hoping for something more like the PDL DVD cover.  white bg with a mean sonuvabitch DDL looking straight forward covered in oil with chere mill be blood title below.

modage

ditto that, pozer.  its just not a very dynamic shot.   :yabbse-thumbdown:

i still don't believe it's real.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Marty McSuperfly

The script is now up at Cigs and Red Vines...

Must. Not. Read. Must. Not. Read.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

picolas

DDL is not covered in oil or looking scarier than scary. or scary. the projectionist should confirm this isn't the one he saw.

Sal

I think having him "covered in oil" is what we call "on the nose" aka  :yabbse-thumbdown: I'll applaud this one instead  :bravo:

Pubrick

that's just about the worst poster i ever saw. even his tie wants to hide away in shame.

this just went from most anticipated film to LEAST. call me when they get rid of the score.
under the paving stones.