There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

mogwai

i heard that pta will promote the movie himself with the company of a cow on the streets of l.a.

hey, wait a minute...

The Red Vine

Quote from: Stefen on June 17, 2007, 12:11:08 PM
This movie is going to bomb badly. Most people will probably find it boring, and the only thing others will find great about it will be the cinematography.

I thought this ever since I read the title and story. I strongly agree with others that it seems he's doing a Malick inspired epic. On that level, I remember many people finding "The New World" very tedious. Even though it's one of my favorite films of the decade.

Can't wait to see the poster so maybe I can snag it for my collection.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

I Love a Magician

those shots of him in the dark with the shadows and such, are those of him saying the narration? his mouth doesnt seem to be moving to me.

72teeth

he gets asked the question first from someone off screen, then DDL answers...

right?
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

sickfins

Quote from: 72teeth on June 17, 2007, 04:25:21 PM
he gets asked the question first from someone off screen, then DDL answers...

right?

yup!

The Red Vine

Quote from: I Love a Magician on June 17, 2007, 07:47:05 PM
maybe i'm retarded but it doesn't seem to me like DDL's mouth moves.

It's all voice-over I think.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: I Love a Magician on June 17, 2007, 07:47:05 PM
maybe i'm retarded but it doesn't seem to me like DDL's mouth moves.

I don't see how you cannot understand that.

The voice over/audio monologue is from another part of the movie where DDL is actually saying it.

I Love a Magician

that's what i thought. my friend was giving me the business because he thought it wasn't.

Bethie

said to my friend "just watched the teaser for ptas there will be blood and creamed my pants." i'm about to watch this one hundred times.
who likes movies anyway

Pozer

Quote from: overmeunderyou on June 17, 2007, 09:01:40 PM
The voice over/audio monologue is from another part of the movie where DDL is actually saying it.
this is a part of the reason there's such a strong malick comparison.  but it reminds me of the earl VO monologe as well.  PTAisms are all over it.

tpfkabi

Quote from: martinthewarrior on June 18, 2007, 12:47:11 AM
Which bodes well for you. It means you were spared a Baptist upbringing:)

i had one and have turned out fine.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Sal

Quote from: pozer on June 18, 2007, 02:24:56 PM
Quote from: overmeunderyou on June 17, 2007, 09:01:40 PM
this is a part of the reason there's such a strong malick comparison.  but it reminds me of the earl VO monologe as well.  PTAisms are all over it.

Feels much closer in spirit to Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West than it does to anything Malick did. Malick didn't even do anything resembling a western, so that comparison is retarded.

martinthewarrior

I thought it came across in my post that, I too, had a Baptist upbringing. I think I came out ok. Even so, I didn't enjoy the experience. Don't be so uptight, my man.

B.C. Long

I don't get the Malick comparisons. Just because of the voice-over/montage approach? Did Malick copyright that or something?