Best Male Performance

Started by Jeremy Blackman, February 25, 2005, 08:34:45 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Best Male Performance: Paul Giamatti in SIDEWAYS

THE NOMINEES

Jim Carrey (ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND)
Leonardo DiCaprio (THE AVIATOR)
Jamie Foxx (RAY)
Paul Giamatti (SIDEWAYS)
Clive Owen (CLOSER)

ono

Vindicated.  I'm smiling, I'm smiling.  He wuz robbed.  Good thing we didn't forget.

modage

yeah i kind of expected jim carrey to win this, (its who i voted for), but i'm not mad that paul won.  but it does feel like maybe some sort of consulation for not being nominated for an oscar.  like an xixaxie will make him feel better.  we have to find his agent to present it to him, i'm sure that'll make him feel better on sunday.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Myxo

I clicked on this award and was positive Jim Carrey had won..

Kal

We know better than the Academy for sure... well deserved... I'm really wanting Leo to get the big nod... but it wont happen of course

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: MyxomatosisI clicked on this award and was positive Jim Carrey had won..

I was starting to lose hope, myself.

But then I remembered... if any group of people were pissed Giamatti wasn't even nominated for Best Male Performance, it was Xixax...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Two Lane Blacktop

I think Giamatti is one of the sexiest guys working in Hollywood today.  Thing is, he doesn't play the roles that are considered "sexy," and he's not the usual Hollywood idea of sexy, so he gets no press for being a handsome guy hiding behind a pair of geeky glasses.  I've only seen him in Planet Of The Apes and Storytelling,  and in both cases he was too immersed in the character (esp. the monkey one) to look like himself, but then I've seen him in magazines and whatnot since then, and I have to say, he is seriously a cutie.  

So yes, Two Lane Blacktop is gay and would do Paul Giamatti.  There it is.

2LB
Body by Guinness

cine

Quote from: Two Lane BlacktopSo yes, Two Lane Blacktop is gay and would do Paul Giamatti.  There it is.
dude.. anyone with a mr.t av is gay anyway

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: Cinephiledude.. anyone with a mr.t av is gay anyway

I'd heard that before.. from your girlfriend.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

cine

Quote from: Two Lane BlacktopI'd heard that before.. from your girlfriend.  

2LB
hey i ran you over in a dream.. now shut the #%2LB$% up. :yabbse-angry:

meatball

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: MeatballPlay nice, kids.

No worries...  it's all in fun.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

cine

Quote from: Two Lane Blacktop
THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK, FOOL!

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: Two Lane Blacktop
THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK, FOOL!

*bars windows*

*changes phone number*

*considers restraining order*

2LB
Body by Guinness