Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on January 31, 2008, 09:14:13 PMI didn't feel like sitting through Eli Stone for the whatever Oceanic "announcement," so either someone fill us in or post the inevitable youtube link.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

Having watched the entire first three seasons on DVD, I don't like having to watch and wait with the masses. But it was a good episode (the shot of jiggly Hurley running to do a cannonball not withstanding), and of course the teasing in the flashforward "I'm one of the Oceanic Six," the hinting that some people are still alive hidden on the island (since the S3 finale I've been predicting that Locke remains on the island and that the last shot of the series will be Jack and Locke shaking hands on the beach and walking into the jungle), and the fact that Hurley makes such a big deal of being sorry he went with Locke - like that decision is going to have a big effect on all of them. Interesting too that Hurley can also see Jacob. But still - I want to know what the fuck is up with that giant four-toed foot!!! And I was anticipating that they would actually play a little joke on us all and have the first episode of season 4 just be all about Michael and Walt since they left the island, but obviously not. Hopefully they will get their own episode pretty soon though, rather than just turning up on the freighter once everyone else gets there. I wish I could just have the whole thing on DVD right now.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

grand theft sparrow

Great premiere!  The only thing I'm getting nervous about is that they've dug such an incredible hole that they just won't be able to get out of.  Like Sleepless mentioned with the 4-toed foot.  I know there are 47 more episodes and 40 of them haven't even been written or shot yet but is that enough to explain EVERYTHING, or are some mysteries just going to end up as bad ideas that seemed like a good idea at the time, like Nikki and Paulo?

Fernando

Quote from: polkablues on February 01, 2008, 12:14:38 AM
"I'm one of the Oceanic 6!"   :shock:

Does that mean they only rescued six? We have already seen Jack, Kate and Hurley, someone died also and I had the feeling Kate is with someone, I wonder who the other three are.

And more mysteries:

- Jack in the future is sick of lying and thought they made a mistake leaving. (already a known fact)
- Hurley from this not so distant future already thinks they made a mistake.
- Jack wanted to know if Hurley was gonna flip.

Also, Cedric Daniels!

grand theft sparrow

I think that Sun would have to be one of the 6 as well.  Because if not, she's dead.

And I just think that they're lying about what happened on the island, simple as that.  They probably just said, "We crash landed, some of us died, and we survived until Naomi found us."  No mention of Dharma, Hanso, the hatches, the others, or polar bears.

abuck1220

the "i'm one of the ocenic six!" line is such a clever way to add another mystery to the story...loved it. the "i'm thinking about growing a beard" line (aka "hey, audience, this happened before the other flash forward episode")...not so clever.

abuck1220

Quote from: H.(sparro)W. on February 01, 2008, 09:52:22 AM
I think that Sun would have to be one of the 6 as well.  Because if not, she's dead.

And I just think that they're lying about what happened on the island, simple as that.  They probably just said, "We crash landed, some of us died, and we survived until Naomi found us."  No mention of Dharma, Hanso, the hatches, the others, or polar bears.

i think there's more to it than that. if there's only six of them, a whole bunch of people must have gotten left there...i think that's what they're lying about.

mogwai

so hurley can see dead people, right?

it's been a long wait and worth it. this episode was very enjoyable on all levels. i feel so sorry for claire.

JG

it was good but it didn't feel like a season premiere. it just sort of jumped into it with the hurley flashback. thats fine. i liked it, can't wait until next week!

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: abuck1220 on February 01, 2008, 09:55:52 AM
Quote from: H.(sparro)W. on February 01, 2008, 09:52:22 AM

i think there's more to it than that. if there's only six of them, a whole bunch of people must have gotten left there...i think that's what they're lying about.
I think you're right. The VISITOR asked Hurley about the others left on the island, so clearly some suspicious people are still looking for them.

I'm also puzzled by the Oceanic Six. Jack, Kate, Hurley. I figured Sawyer only because Kate referred to going back to "him" in the S3 finale, but it appears that might not be the case. Rose and Bernard didn't go with Locke, neither did Sayeed or SunJin, I think. So how did Hurley go from being the main support behind Locke in favor of not being rescued to being rescued? And who else change their minds? And I guess all the other fuckers who have no name must have gone with Locke.

And is that Jack's dad in Jacob's house? That whole scene was just great.

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 01, 2008, 12:54:25 AM
Quote from: Chest Rockwell on January 31, 2008, 09:14:13 PMI didn't feel like sitting through Eli Stone for the whatever Oceanic "announcement," so either someone fill us in or post the inevitable youtube link.

That's pretty weak. I had already started thinking that Oceanic was somehow involved in the whole thing. My guess was that the VISITOR was from Oceanic.

pumba

That's gotta be Jack's dad.

The red camero at the beginning was the same car that hit michael, kate, and locke.

There's so much talk about going back to the island now that I'm thinkin season 6 will be the return...

Has anyone seen the episode list for these 7 eps? I'm super excited for next weeks episode

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: shnorff on February 01, 2008, 01:14:58 PM
The red camero at the beginning was the same car that hit michael, kate, and locke.

You mean it hits the same car that hit Michael, Kate, and Locke.

Michael.
Locke.
Kate.
Hurley.

And even though the thread title has a spoiler warning, we're not going to start divulging spoilers for future episodes, right?  Just the ones that aired, right?  Because I for one don't know any episode titles, no subplots, no idea which character is the focus in what episode, and I want to stay that way. 

polkablues

This is probably just a minor little easter egg, but I'm pretty sure the guy with the video camera right next to where Hurley crashed the car was the same guy who was Hurley's old boss at the fried chicken place and Locke's boss at the box factory.  I could be wrong; he was only on screen for a moment, but I felt pretty sure at the time.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

I think someone on here said the looooongest time ago that Jacob was Jack's dad, from when Ben and Locke first go there. Whoever that was, excellent job.

That was some scary shit when Hurley just stumbled upon Jacob's lair. I screamed. I think the other Oceanic 6 are Michael and Walt, maybe. I've been a fan of the theory that it's Michael in the casket, so it would make sense if he was one of them.
WWPTAD?

diggler

i always assumed it was claire and aaron who were part of the six, i swore i saw an image of them being lifted off in a helicopter (or did i dream that?)

i still like the link between jacob and the smoke monster, as if jacob can manifest himself as the dead (jack's dad, eko's brother, maybe walt?) but perhaps that's too supernatural. i want to believe that there's a rational explanation for everything, and that all of the wild theories can be put to rest somehow.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty