Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

©brad

i missed it. what was it exactly?

SiliasRuby

They had a small black bar that came up every 30 seconds to give you the backstory of what the characters were emoting on screen. It felt a tiny bit like CNN. A real pain in the ass to watch.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

yeah i got through about half as well.  unfortunately the tidbits on screen were not helpful to anyone who WATCHES the show.  it was like a catch-up for anyone who abandoned it during the 3rd season and wouldn't know what was going on.  like

THIS IS JACK.  JACK IS NOT VERY HAPPY RIGHT NOW.  HE HAS BEEN ON THE ISLAND FOR SOME TIME.

totally vague and retarded.  i wanted to put in the dvd but i went to sleep instead.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: modage on January 31, 2008, 09:13:23 AM
it was like a catch-up for anyone who abandoned it during the 3rd season and wouldn't know what was going on.

Thank you for solving that mystery.  I was trying to figure out exactly whose viewing experience they were trying to enhance because the hardcore fans already know more than this crap and anyone who's never watched the show wouldn't know what the hell was going on anyway. 

Though that still doesn't quite explain why the pop-ups were spoiling things that happen later in the episode.

modage

Quote from: H.(sparro)W. on January 31, 2008, 09:22:27 AM
Though that still doesn't quite explain why the pop-ups were spoiling things that happen later in the episode.
because the people who stopped watching are impatient.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

diggler

yea that was the most annoying part. like when it flashes back(or forward, heh) to jack for the last time, the bottom of the screen says "jack is a changed man". i can see what they were trying to do, but it was pretty embarrassing. it was as if some exec at ABC had his 13 year old daughter narrate the show.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Ravi

Quote from: modage on January 31, 2008, 09:13:23 AM
yeah i got through about half as well.  unfortunately the tidbits on screen were not helpful to anyone who WATCHES the show.  it was like a catch-up for anyone who abandoned it during the 3rd season and wouldn't know what was going on.  like

THIS IS JACK.  JACK IS NOT VERY HAPPY RIGHT NOW.  HE HAS BEEN ON THE ISLAND FOR SOME TIME.

totally vague and retarded.  i wanted to put in the dvd but i went to sleep instead.

I watched about 10 minutes of it and turned it off.  I thought they would some interesting clues, production notes, etc.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Ravi on January 31, 2008, 02:02:21 PMI watched about 10 minutes of it and turned it off.  I thought they would some interesting clues, production notes, etc.

Same here. I wanted interesting facts or ancedotes like they do on the fact tracks of some DVDs.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

what about interesting insight such as:

Ben just drew a triangle on the map.  Speaking of triangle, here we are at our love triangle with Kate, Jack and Sawyer.  Are you a Jater or a Skater?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

Just watched the new episode. I love where the show is going. Flash forwards are really livening up an element of the show that was starting to sag. I didn't feel like sitting through Eli Stone for the whatever Oceanic "announcement," so either someone fill us in or post the inevitable youtube link.

Also, Jeremy Davies!

MacGuffin

Same as Chest. Loving the flash-forwards. They add a whole new mystery to the show.

Also...

QuoteAna Lucia was... gorgeous.

I threw up in my mouth a little.

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Fuck yeah, Jeremy Davies!

I loved how pre-bearded Jack poured himself the weakest screwdriver of all time.  Clearly, bearded Jack could teach him thing or two about drinking.

And it is interesting how the flash-forwards give the show a very different dynamic now.  Similar to "The Nine" from last year, except, you know, not boring and awful. 

"I'm one of the Oceanic 6!"   :shock:
My house, my rules, my coffee

SiliasRuby

Still waiting for what mod is thinking.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

polkablues

I'm sure he loved it.  It won't be until at least the second episode before he convinces himself that the show has lost its way.   :yabbse-wink:
My house, my rules, my coffee