Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

modage

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on May 23, 2007, 10:26:54 PM
Was the deceased Ben, maybe? They took care not to mention a sex, or at least I didn't notice one mentioned...so maybe it's some girl but I think Juliette would have had some people show up.

after a tivo reviewing the newspaper clipping says...

LOS ANGELES
A Man found
downtown

and thats all i could make out.  when he goes to the wake, the guy asks him "friend or family?" and he says neither.  that leads me to believe Ben is the most likely candidate.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

A Matter Of Chance

I thought Michael or Locke, personally.

And yeah, hurrah for Lost. Is this only coming back in January? Or February? If so that hurrah owns a hint of sadness.

Kal

SPOILERS

I'm like everyone else here, completely shocked, excited, happy and sad.

Besides the final seconds of the show which were unbelievable for anyone who's been watching this for the past three years, the whole 2 hours were fantastic. I kinda hated the amount of commercials every 2 seconds, because I'm used to download the show with no commercials. I just could not wait until tomorrow to watch this.

The whole flashback scene, and Jack beating the shit out of Ben, and Locke seeing WALT and then the moment at the end. Everything was so so well done. Charlie speaking with Penelope and then dying. We know that Naomi was not sent by Penelope after all, so who is she? We know for the future-flash that they were rescued, but that doesn't mean they got rescued at that moment or how many years into the future they went. The mother-daughter reunion was not so great, but whatever everything was too much.

I also think it was Ben, or maybe Locke who died. But then again when you start thinking about it many of the castaways had no family (Sawyer, Sayid, etc.). It was probably Ben though, because of Kate's reaction.

The fucking one-eyed guy is invincible, apparently like Locke. Hurley's moment was great because he did not get much action in all these plans and nobody wanted his help cause he is fat and draws too much attention, so its great that he did that.

I cant believe how good this was, and that we have to wait until February to see what happens... I thought last year that I could not wait after the finale but now its really something else. Best TV show by far.

pumba

I watched this with no commercials biatch. thank you tivo.
Agreed, best ending/season finale ever. Best show of all time.  :bravo:

How CRAZY would it be if season 3 marks some sort of symmetry and season 4-6 will all be future flashbacks?

Did anyone else think Charlie had a chance at swimming out the window?

Also it was a nice touch how Jack was using a Crazr phone to hint at the future.

I pity people who don't watch this show..

JG

I'm seriously so ecstatic. I was just pacing the floor for twenty minutes reexplaining the episode to my brother, who only watches the show once in a while but always likes being filled in.  this episode is going to make me watch all of season 3 in a new way, even the seemingly lightweight episodes like hurley's flashback (where he finds the car), take on new meaning.  i'm just satisfied on every level. 

in addition to the episode providing some of the coolest twists and revelations EVER, it was probably the most well done episode of the year. from the music to charlie's bad ass acting (loved the good vibrations bit), everything felt so incredibly epic.  it was like watching the best movie of 2007 (so far) on network television.   

cool parts (in addition the obvious, obviously): 

good vibrations/"you all everybody!"/charlie's heroic death
jack beating the shit out of ben
mikhail's [lack of an] eye
jack's beard
epic shots (arriving to the tower; 2001 homage when we see the two jurls talking from charlie's POV)
the notion the christian shepperd could still be alive. 

i unno, i still have a lot to think about,  but i'm gonna get all crazy and write in big fonts now...

LOST IS INCREDIBLE. 

Kal

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dead man seems to be LOCKE. The paper seems to say "Jo........". But who the hell knows. Look at his image.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1YihSI/AAAAAAAAFkw/ucINFuG1jfo/s1600-h/newspaperclipping2.jpg

Also here is a link from someone creepier than us that already has screenshots about every single scene of the episode.

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/

MacGuffin

So wait, Walt hit puberty in a matter of days?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Can I go around and kick in the nuts all the people who spent the whole season complaining about how the show had lost its way?  Can I please?  Is it too much to ask that we never doubt Lost again?
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Quote from: sparrowhoff on May 23, 2007, 10:53:35 PM
SPOILERS - PUBRICK, I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST YOU READING ANY FURTHER ON THIS THREAD UNTIL YOU'VE SEEN ALL OF SEASON 3.

thanks sparrow!

i managed to even avoid the pic above your post. and for the record tonite's episode finished just a few hours ago and it was the one where we find out how locke lost his groove/legs. next week is about the useless new characters.. i now bid this thread adieu. i'd also appreciate it if you guys don't refer to anything spoilerful outside this thread, obviously. i saw a comment about nikki/paulo in the heroes thread and it confused me.

see y'all in human giant!
under the paving stones.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: kal on May 23, 2007, 11:34:08 PM
I also think it was Ben, or maybe Locke who died.

I know that between the moment Jack makes the call to Not Penny's Boat and that moment with him and Kate at the airport in the future (2007?), a lot is going to happen.  But I can't see Locke or Ben leaving the island without being dead first.  Ben hasn't been off the island in 30 years and has NOTHING for him out there.  Same with Locke more or less.

Quote from: kal on May 24, 2007, 01:07:27 AM
SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dead man seems to be LOCKE. The paper seems to say "Jo........". But who the hell knows. Look at his image.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1YihSI/AAAAAAAAFkw/ucINFuG1jfo/s1600-h/newspaperclipping2.jpg

That clipping has a name like Jo... Lantham, it looks like.  Either someone we haven't met, an other whose name don't know, or maybe a Sawyer alias.

And whoever Kate had waiting for her at home... maybe it was her son as opposed to husband. 

Too many things... too many things... too many things... too many things...

Quote from: MacGuffin on May 24, 2007, 01:11:23 AM
So wait, Walt hit puberty in a matter of days?

He must have seen kal's avatar.

elpablo

Fuck. I just realized I downloaded and watched a torrent of the second hour and didn't realize it was split into two. Either way, I was able to follow it and it was amazing. I've been thinking that it was dumb of them to announce an end date because now every time they found a way off the island I would know it wasn't real, but of course they knew exactly what they were doing all along.

mogwai

this was a complete wtf moment:

sayid killing one of the others, the easy way. :yabbse-smiley:

grand theft sparrow

Sayid has seen combat, knows when people are lying, is not above torture as a means of getting people to tell the truth, ALWAYS knows what's going on but no one listens to him most of the time, and can snap a man's neck with his feet still bound.

He's the Jack Bauer of the island.

Chest Rockwell

Going by that intense close-up of the newspaper clipping, it looks like Jo-- Lantham of New York. I don't remember any characters being from New York off the top of my head.

And I agree about the Charlie scenes (nice correlations, JG and sparrow). He was never a character I particularly liked but he had some awesome, awesome scenes here (big kudos to Dominic Monaghan) and it was the best death of a major character yet. That look in his eyes when he shows his hand to Desmond, and the slow cross he forms on his head and shoulders. Powerful.

Also, Matthew Fox did an awesome job as usual. He managed to balance a character that's a likable leader but still not really sympathetic because of his seeming obsession with getting everyone off the island, and the flashforward scenes are all incredible, taking that more subtle obsessive quality that's been bubbling under the surface all along and making it palpable. The flashforward is great because it really does feel like a direct result of what's happening in the main storyline, for instance the transition of Jack's character, or the mistake made by calling the boat.

I'm thinking in some way they'll be playing with time in future episodes. Jack will find a way to reverse his decision next season, and then we'll see what should have happened and the island's story come to an end in the fifth season (is my guess). Perhaps all the electromagnetic shit/purple sky on the island will be involved. Being rescued and recovering in civilization certainly can't fill up 48 more episodes, at least.

Kal

The point is we have no idea when that future was taking place... and if they got indeed rescued at that moment or maybe later on.

There are many island mysteries for them to leave the island. Now that Walt is back (or maybe he is not) maybe Michael will be back as well. The Jacob storyline is there, and a bunch of other things like the smoke monster and other Dharma-Others questions.

The amazing thing is that feeling, which reminded me of Castaway, of going back to the real world and not being able to understand things or adapt. Who knows that else happened to them in that time, but we have seen Jack in fucked up situations before, and he never was like this. He wanted to die, he wanted to go back at any cost. He says in the finale that he loves Kate, but then they are not together in the future.

My point is, there is enough on island and off island stuff for them to do 48 amazing episodes. The thing now is for us to wonder how it will go from here to the season premiere. Its a long way to go, but it will be amazing I'm sure. I loved the beginning of season 2, and season 3 was also excellent. So after a finale like this I will expect the next episode to be even more mind blowing.

The show got a lot better ratings last night, and I'm sure with everyone talking about the incredible finale a lot of people will catch up and tune back in next year.