Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Gamblour.

Quote from: polkablues on March 29, 2007, 04:13:36 AM
Yeah, screw the haters.  This was the best episode of Tales from the Crypt Expose' ever.

I thought it was brilliant. A really interesting revisit of many things from the past seasons, including Charlie kidnapping Sun. That was a really nice touch, I thought. Also, Nikki and Paulo's lives are very indicative of live together, die alone, which they alluded too. I think for a nonepisode, this and the Hurley-centric one were both as good as they could've been. And I thought they were great.
WWPTAD?

elpablo

Even though it was the most pointless, uninformative filler episode in the history of television, it was still entertaining. I felt like I was watching some kind of freak meta-Lost fan-made spin-off or something. It was fun to revisit the pilot, see Shannon and Boone, and Mr. Artz, who I wish was a regular and hadn't been blown up. Though I hope this whole episode wasn't made just so they can say "Ooo look, we can listen to everything the Others do with this convenient walkie-talkie now".

A Matter Of Chance

Count me in for those who enjoyed last night's. LOST is so aware of itself as a show now that they can pull stuff like this off and still make it enjoyable.

mogwai

the last shot with nikki looking up gave me the chills.

pzyktzle

QuoteEven though it was the most pointless, uninformative filler episode in the history of television, it was still entertaining.

a lot of people have said this episode was nothing more than a filler episode. "self-serving" was a quote from the lostpedia forum. i'm not so sure it is, given what i take to be hints throughout the episode: 1) when nikki died on the set of expose, her "con-target" said that they could always bring her back to life somehow. i thought this was the writers being self-referential. 2) john locke stating that nothing on the island stays buried for very long.

i don't think the writers went to the trouble of slowly introducing, and then post-fitting paulo and nikki into scenes just to kill them off in this episode leaving the rest of the survivors with a walkie talkie. i think this is the beginning of a new plot twist and thus not pointless and not a filler.

the whole story of paulo finding the "tv screens hatch" (i forget its name) and knowing of ben before any of the others is just a little bit too much to be just thrown away by the writers.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: pzyktzle on March 30, 2007, 02:16:36 AM
1) when nikki died on the set of expose, her "con-target" said that they could always bring her back to life somehow. i thought this was the writers being self-referential. 2) john locke stating that nothing on the island stays buried for very long.

Good points but I'll bet their acting in this episode made the producers change their minds.

Welcome to Xixax, pzyktzle.  You'll want to introduce yourself here.

pzyktzle

Quote from: jacksparrow on March 30, 2007, 06:21:27 AM
Good points but I'll bet their acting in this episode made the producers change their minds.

:-D agreed. the acting is sub-par in terms of lost standards, but still light years ahead of a lot of other shows. i'll bet the producers won't change their minds.

Quote from: jacksparrow on March 30, 2007, 06:21:27 AM
Welcome to Xixax, pzyktzle.  You'll want to introduce yourself here.

cheers. will do.

picolas

Quote from: pzyktzle on March 30, 2007, 07:09:54 AM
:-D agreed. the acting is sub-par in terms of lost standards, but still light years ahead of a lot of other shows.
it was on par with a bad soap at best.

Kal

Did anyone saw how Sawyer repeated "Who the hell are you?" like three more times in the episode? It was funny when he said it last week because its what everyone else was asking about them, but this was already mocking the show and telling us they know how bullshit those characters are.

I liked also seeing the older scenes and getting some clues... the fact that that douchebag was at the station before and didnt say anything really bothers me... but how come we never saw a fucking spider (especially that kind of spider) before on the show and suddenly they are surrounded by dozens?

And also, that fucking plane was full with assholes, criminals and crooks... Sawyer, Kate, these two idiots, Jin did his share of dirty work, Sayid was a torturer... and everybody else... a pretty fucked up group of passangers on the same plane... which explains why they all ended up there maybe

MacGuffin

Quote from: kal on March 30, 2007, 09:54:04 PMbut how come we never saw a fucking spider (especially that kind of spider) before on the show and suddenly they are surrounded by dozens?

The way I understood it, if you listen carefully, before Nikki gets surrounded by the spiders, you could hear the mechcanical noise of the smoke monster.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pzyktzle

Quote from: picolas on March 30, 2007, 06:41:40 PM
Quote from: pzyktzle on March 30, 2007, 07:09:54 AM
:-D agreed. the acting is sub-par in terms of lost standards, but still light years ahead of a lot of other shows.
it was on par with a bad soap at best.

so basically you think the acting was the worst acting possible? what is worse than a bad soap?

picolas

Quote from: pzyktzle on March 31, 2007, 02:19:46 AMwhat is worse than a bad soap?
bad audition for a bad soap.

pzyktzle

pzyktzle

... and while i'm youtubing:

*possible spoiler*
if you don't know what the valenzetti equation is then you haven't seen this video. old, but good is the culmination of the lost experience

Gamblour.

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 30, 2007, 11:14:23 PM
Quote from: kal on March 30, 2007, 09:54:04 PMbut how come we never saw a fucking spider (especially that kind of spider) before on the show and suddenly they are surrounded by dozens?

The way I understood it, if you listen carefully, before Nikki gets surrounded by the spiders, you could hear the mechcanical noise of the smoke monster.

They explained this with Arzt saying that the pheromones of a female spider could attract males from miles. The ones that bit her obviously were very close by.
WWPTAD?