Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

elpablo

Quote from: edison on March 22, 2006, 04:37:40 PM
Quote from: ddiggler6280 on March 22, 2006, 04:35:14 PM
also, before they throw henry in the locker, you can see a picture on the wall behind jack of a hot air balloon. based on this i figured that henry's story has to be bullshit. that is, until i saw this: http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1282henryballoon5fu.jpg

Beware to all....that link is a huge spoiler

seriously. i read his post first obviously, so yeah, thanks. fix your post diggler.

polkablues

When Ana Lucia said the line "People don't like me," I had the immediate mental image of Macguffin yelling "You're damn right, bitch!" at his seven-foot TV.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Quote from: polkablues on March 23, 2006, 01:13:23 AM
When Ana Lucia said the line "People don't like me," I had the immediate mental image of Macguffin yelling "You're damn right, bitch!" at his seven-foot TV.

You know me all too well.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

It just goes to show you that they know their audience.

Sun is so getting kidnapped this season.

modage

Quote from: hacksparrow on March 23, 2006, 07:28:32 AM
It just goes to show you that they know their audience.
yeah i feel like they were talking to the audience there. 

does anybody else think they're making charlie less and less likable so they can kill him off?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Quote from: modage on March 23, 2006, 07:40:47 AM
does anybody else think they're making charlie less and less likable so they can kill him off?

Maybe. 

Does anyone else feel like Kate's turned into the character who occasionally pops up to help people out with their domestic problems, then disappears for the rest of the episode?  Such a waste.

diggler

i think they're making a desperate attempt to build up her character before they kill her off. 

apologies to everyone who clicked on my link before. i fixed the post   
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

MacGuffin

Quote from: ddiggler6280 on March 23, 2006, 12:44:51 PMi think they're making a desperate attempt to build up her character before they kill her off. 

Wait. It that a spoiler, or wishful thinking?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

diggler

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 23, 2006, 01:56:30 PM
Quote from: ddiggler6280 on March 23, 2006, 12:44:51 PMi think they're making a desperate attempt to build up her character before they kill her off. 

Wait. It that a spoiler, or wishful thinking?

i sure as hell hope it's a spoiler.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Kal

SPOILERS (also, beware 24 spoiler)

Of course I had to click on that, even though I didnt want to. I still have my doubts about it. But based on next weeks description of the episode, I think Henry will have a big part (check the ABC website for that) and will definitely help Locke and Jack. The end, where he gives his theory of 'what could happen if it was a trap' was excellent... hope it would be true.

Somebody will definetly die before the end of the season, and I also think Charlie has the lucky number. He is boring anyways, and they already killed one of the hobbits (on a different show) so they just may kill this one too.

I wish Kate and Hurley had more screen time. Although Kate and Sawyer will probably play a big part during May sweeps, and Hurley always has his 60 seconds of comedy in every episode.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: kal on March 24, 2006, 12:20:22 AM
they already killed one of the hobbits (on a different show) so they just may kill this one too.

If that's the case, then Elijah Wood had better not be on Conan anytime soon.   :shock:

JG

wow i really liked it tonight. 

polkablues

Quote from: JimmyGator on March 29, 2006, 09:05:17 PM

Yeah... good stuff.  For one of the few times this season, I'm very excited and anxious for next week.

SORT OF SPOILERY STUFF (but not really)

Good batch of easter eggs in this ep, too: the woman whose house Locke was inspecting was Sayid's torture-girlfriend from Iraq, and I'm just about 100% convinced that Locke's dad is the "real" Sawyer, the one who conned Sawyer's parents when he was a kid.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: polkablues on March 30, 2006, 01:23:14 AM
Quote from: JimmyGator on March 29, 2006, 09:05:17 PM

Yeah... good stuff.  For one of the few times this season, I'm very excited and anxious for next week.

SORT OF SPOILERY STUFF (but not really)

Good batch of easter eggs in this ep, too: the woman whose house Locke was inspecting was Sayid's torture-girlfriend from Iraq, and I'm just about 100% convinced that Locke's dad is the "real" Sawyer, the one who conned Sawyer's parents when he was a kid.

MORE SPOILERY STUFF

WE KNOW WHERE THE FOOD COMES FROM!!!! (sort of) :multi:

I was disappointed about one thing: I had heard we would see what put Locke in the wheelchair last night.  Up until the end of the last flashback when Helen rejects his proposal, I kept saying, "OK, those guys are going to shoot Locke in the spine."  "Locke is going to run out into traffic after her car and get hit."  "Blue ice from the planes overhead will crush his lower back."  But nothing.

It's looking like Locke's dad is the real Sawyer but for that reason, I hope they don't do it.  He's the ONLY other con artist we've seen on the show.  Besides, how would that information be useful to Sawyer on the island?  I would only think it would prove itself important once they get off the island (if that is to happen), when Sawyer can go and find Locke's dad, and that's IF he decides to after shooting the wrong guy in Australia, which we know he has feelings of guilt over.  And Locke's dad/real Sawyer is too important to both of their backstories for it to just be another Magnolia moment for the audience like Locke and Nadia's overlap.

But could anyone make sense of what the announcement was saying?  I think the lockdown has to do with the food delivery and a friend of mine made the connection that the map might be showing how to get to the food, at least that's part of it.  I initially thought that the map was an escape route in case the numbers weren't put in but the blast doors don't come down if the numbers aren't put in so both those conditions would have to be met. 

I don't even know.

elpablo

SPOILERS

That was a good episode.

The map on the wall looked to me like a map of where all of the hatches on the island are maybe.

Ok, I had the episode downloaded so I paused it and it definitely is a diagram of the hatches. There's a big circle in the middle with a question mark in it surrounde by 6 hatches. They all have their symbols drawn on them. And then whoever wrote the map wrote "I AM HERE" next to the swan hatch.

Look