ULTIMATE FILM FANATIC ON IFC BEGINNING JULY 9th 10:30pm E/P

Started by FeloniousFunk, July 03, 2004, 07:36:13 PM

FeloniousFunk

ULTIMATE FILM FANATIC ON IFC BEGINNING JULY 9th 10:30pm E/P

"Film fans from across the country compete for the coveted title of Ultimate Film Fanatic. Competitions include tests of movie trivia, a debate round, and the "Obsessions War," a duel of personal memorabilia collections."

http://www.ifctv.com/uff/uff.html?referer=%2Ffanatic

The game is pretty cool too. Some of the questions were tough, but I think most of you guys here can handle it.

I think they're also looking for contestants for the next film fanatic show, so if anyone is interested in trying out, here's the link to the tour schedule:

http://www.ifctv.com/uff/dates.htm

pete

man, I don't have enough memorabilia to be considered a fanatic.  the quiz was for like casual fanatics--absolutely no foreign, indie, or pre-1970 films.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

coffeebeetle

more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

FeloniousFunk

They're going to show the Ultimate Film Fanatic Auditions tonight on IFC at 8:30pm.

MacGuffin

The opening questions were pretty easy. That guy Steven could NOT debate worth a crap ("...and all those things."). And although I agreed with Jordan's debate about Kill Bill, that other guy's "Phantom of The Paradise" helmet easy beats out seeing a movie a day.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinThe opening questions were pretty easy. That guy Steven could NOT debate worth a crap ("...and all those things."). And although I agreed with Jordan's debate about Kill Bill, that other guy's "Phantom of The Paradise" helmet easy beats out seeing a movie a day.
yeah!  god, besides the Jason X year i knew every single question on this show!  TOO EASY.  the guys woody allen book was cooler than the other guys picture and hte PotP helmet was definitely better than the other guys list.

if anyone else cares, i will be on the Philly show for about 2 minutes before getting my ass handed to me in the first round.  OUR questions got real hard, real fast, not that i could compete with these guys in the memorabilia round anyways.  (i'm casual obsessive, these guys are obsessive obsessives!)

Dates for UFF
NY 7/9
Phoenix 7/16
Detroit 7/23
Atlanta 7/30
Philly 8/6
LA 8/13
Denver 8/20
Finals 8/27
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

BonBon85

Yeah, I think the Jordan guy should have won with the Woody Allen book but they gave it to the other guy just to make the show a little more interesting. Then he won the final round just because he did better overall even though the helmet was way cooler.

In the debate round it's a lot easier to be the person saying you hated the movie because you can be more creative with insults instead of just standing there saying something's awesome like that one guy did.

And modernage, what was your question?

MacGuffin

You wanna be the Ultimate Film Fanatic but you don't know the name of the song McDowell sings during the beating in "A Clockwork Orange?"

Once again, easy first round questions. The debates could have been much better, plus Chris should have won on the Stallone topic. And none of the collectables were that impressive.

I can't wait to hear mod-age's intro of himself and why he should win.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Perineum Falcon

I don't think Richard Dreyfuss should've been allowed to compete.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinI can't wait to hear mod-age's intro of himself and why he should win.
haha, mine sucks because the producers made me truncate it so it doesnt make any sense.  atleast i came up with my own though, unlike a bunch of the other contestants that came up with something that had to be 'jazzed up' to be funny by the producers.  i guess i should wait till it airs so you can try to guess which ones me instead of spoiling it now.  

i missed this weeks episode so ill have to catch a rerun hopefully soon, and also the auditions to see if i made that show in some small snippet.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02and also the auditions to see if i made that show in some small snippet.

Not that I saw, except for a very, very, very, very quick flash when I saw your nametag. It was in a subliminal way that I caught it.

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cine

I was rooting for the -- oh right, I can't get this in Canada...

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Quote from: Pubricki was rootin

isn't rootin australian for fuckin, australian?
context, context, context.