First Look at P.T. Anderson's New Film

Started by ono, March 31, 2004, 10:26:41 PM

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaFor Anderson fans, this is a nice parallel to his earlier work, where the two played Rollergirl and Dirk Diggler, romantic interests in a series of adult films.

That was a great detail  :wink:

But seriously... am I the only one who thinks this is a great synopsis for a picture? And a PT Anderson picture, no less.
Si

ono

Yes, yes, to be clear, it was all a joke.  Hope you all got a kick out of it.
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaThe film is scheduled to begin shooting this summer, with tenative-yet-unlikely hopes of an end-of-year release.  !sokcuf ,yaD 'slooF lirpA yppaH

Pubrick

Quote from: Onomatopoeia!sokcuf ,yaD 'slooF lirpA yppaH
how did u work out that colour?
under the paving stones.

cine

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: Onomatopoeia!sokcuf ,yaD 'slooF lirpA yppaH
how did u work out that colour?
I checked out the source of the page, and then saw the tables use a stylesheet to color the backgrounds of the post cells.  So I used the background color the stylesheet used.  The colors, BTW, are for row 1 #f4f6fb and for row 2 #e1e9f2.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Onomatopoeia
I checked out the source of the page, and then saw the tables use a stylesheet to color the backgrounds of the post cells.  So I used the background color the stylesheet used.  The colors, BTW, are for row 1 #f4f6fb and for row 2 #e1e9f2.
Quote from: andykif its a joke then someone has way too much free time...
This has just been confirmed.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Find Your Magali

It does sound like a good movie, as others have said. ... dream cast. ... humor...violence. ...Maya. ....

But let's not make the Rat Race reference. That film was a rip-off of the classic "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World." ... THERE's a film that PTA should update. ...

Alethia

Quote from: Find Your MagaliBut let's not make the Rat Race reference. That film was a rip-off of the classic "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World." ...

personally, i thought rat race was a hell of a lot funnier than it's a mad mad mad mad mad world

Finn

Hmm...interesting. I guess we'll find out soon enough whether all that information is correct (or an April Fools joke).
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Alethia

Quote from: QuoyleHmm...interesting. I guess we'll find out soon enough whether all that information is correct (or an April Fools joke).

have u not read the rest of the thread?

modage

assuming that you're actually serious.

Quote from: Onomatopoeia, author of the thread, which was not really true, just an April Fools JokeYes, yes, to be clear, it was all a joke.  Hope you all got a kick out of it.
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaThe film is scheduled to begin shooting this summer, with tenative-yet-unlikely hopes of an end-of-year release.  !sokcuf ,yaD 'slooF lirpA yppaH
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Alethia

mmmmm hmmmmmmmm.........surrrrrreee.......

Myxo

*mumbles*

.. i could set the building on fire ..