XIXAX Film Forum

Quirky delights in Punch-Drunk Love... discuss them here

Marty McSuperfly · 218 · 69083

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #210 on: April 28, 2021, 01:17:25 PM
but also the sheer surface material of your moving to LA saga (compounded with the plague and a movie production) has the ingredients necessary for a robust movie script. as in, well, I of course would picture it as a 70min long pre-code movie, although contemporary austerity asks for 110min, and going the limit is over 2 hours, and a whole thing is over 3 hours, but however you spin it you have the existential reallife experience you need to write a script

kingfan011

• The Vision Quest
Reply #211 on: April 28, 2021, 01:23:37 PM
Wish I could now. Last few days, a lot has changed. Newest roommate turned out to be a total asshole who essentially took the place over and is now running a fucking start-up real estate company out of the common area - had zero respect for our privacy, threw big maskless parties throughout which total strangers would use my private bathroom despite my politely asking them not to and putting a sign on the door (he later aggressively argued with me about it, insisting it was no longer just mine to use, despite those being the terms when I moved in), was a total slob, booze and drugs all over (Iím sober and he knows it), had his ďboysĒ squatting there from day one, constantly blasted his insufferable music morning/noon/night, on and on. Myself and another roommate backed out of the lease and moved out within a day of each other this week. Now that the landlord is wise to it, she has been very apologetic and is going to redraft the lease, releasing us and making him solely financially responsible for the sudden vacancies. (I even sent her a check for May rent figuring it was the right thing to do, and sheís insisting on sending it back to me.) The guy didnít even pay a deposit. The apartment was so peaceful and lovely until he showed up. Now itís Bro Central. Hopefully he gets evicted soon. He doesnít deserve that place.

Iím spending the summer in NY and returning to LA in the fall. Sorry for the long post, itís been a huge bummer whirlwind.

But yes, totally should have taken a giant shit in Le Petit Chateau. Missed opportunity. Maybe next time.

Edit: not the appropriate thread for this rant, obviously. Iíll move it soon.

Jesus that is terrible. I'm very sorry to hear about that.

eward

Reply #212 on: April 28, 2021, 02:28:52 PM
Appreciate yaz. Itíll be okay, Iím trying to focus on the positive. Money Iíll save, friends Iíll get to see, re-opened theaters Iíll get to enjoy once again. NY is lovely in summer. And when I return to LA itíll be close to Soggy Bottom time.

Drenk

Reply #213 on: April 28, 2021, 03:04:00 PM
Sometimes an alien falls from the sky, sometimes an awful man suddenly lives in your house.
Ascension.

WorldForgot

• 'change your hair, change your life'
    • portfolio ~
Reply #214 on: April 28, 2021, 03:56:15 PM
Sometimes an alien falls from the sky.

So, you agree Punch Drunk Love iz a sci-fi?

eward

Reply #215 on: April 28, 2021, 07:19:46 PM
I certainly do.

eward

Reply #216 on: May 01, 2021, 04:25:00 PM

wilberfan

• Gentleman beyond employment
Reply #217 on: May 01, 2021, 05:56:35 PM
For a different take, this episode was released this week, also.  (Haven't listened to it yet.)

A gentleman beyond employment