Curb Your Enthusiasm

Started by Banky, October 06, 2003, 04:47:13 PM

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Find Your MagaliIf you love Curb Your Enthusiasm, you must check out The Office. I am going to convert at least one person to this show, dammit! It's fabulous.  :-D

I've never heard of it before the Globes. Is it really that good?

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: Chest Rockwell
Quote from: Find Your MagaliIf you love Curb Your Enthusiasm, you must check out The Office. I am going to convert at least one person to this show, dammit! It's fabulous.  :-D

I've never heard of it before the Globes. Is it really that good?

YES

MacGuffin

From Warner Home Video: Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete Second Season. This Emmy-winning Larry David hit will arrive in stores on June 15th and feature 4:3 full screen transfers, English, French and Spanish Dolby 2.0 stereo and subtitle tracks, and no extras. Retail will be $39.95.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Ghostboy

I've never seen the show, but I heard a clip on Fresh Air yesterday where Larry David was arguing with Ben Stiller, and Ben Stiller calls him a big baby and Larry David says "are you calling me a man-child?" and I just about bust three nuts laughing.

Too bad I don't have HBO and can't afford to buy DVDs at the moment.

Kal

Put it in your list for when you can... its really the best show on TV right now

Pubrick

i miss it like a vanished lover..

they killed it in its infancy here.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

sorry, p. it's not hard to download episodes though. not that i condone that.

i liked the season finale a lot. mel brooks and anne bancroft doing a little producers bit of their own. it was what my mom would call "cute." especially the end where he looks at his wife and smiles, indicating he has an hour left for the bet. it was sweet. made me wish i was married to somebody like cheryl. and then i cried.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Weak2ndAct

I finally caught up on all the episdoes I missed, and goddamnit, this is still the funniest show on television.  Soooooo many great bits, the prostitute episode (Larry stoned!) is an instant classic, and the Producers ending was nice touch to end the season on.

Other favorite moments:
- Colby from 'Survivor' and a Holocaust survivor arguing who had it worse.
- Larry w/ his heart monitor.
- Wandering Bear.
- Jeff suggesting that he and Larry watch 'Girls Gone Wild' together. "What, are we gonna do an 'Auto-Focus' thing here or something?"

Redlum

Just remembered one of my favourite episodes, weak2ndact, reading your list. When Larry is accused of being a self-loathing jew for whistling Wagner in line at the cinema. And he gets Cheryl's string quartet to go play Wagner on the guys lawn at the end. Love it.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Weak2ndAct

Ah, yes the 'Bald Asshole' incident.  

"This is a hate crime!"

Kal

When he goes over to Jeff's new house

Larry: Nice house.
Susie: Yeah, come on. I'll give you a tour.
Larry: Naw, it's ok.
Susie: No, come on.
Larry: No, it's ok. I-I get it.
Susie: You get it?
Larry: Yeah, it's a house. It's new. I get it. It's nice.
Susie: You get it? Ok, you know what? Get the fuck out of my house, Larry.

---

When he wants to get out of jury duty

Larry: Uh... well, your honor, I believe it would be hard to remain impartial seeing as the defendant is a negro.

Jeremy Blackman

Am I the only one who finds Curb Your Enthusiasm more disturbing than it is funny? I watched episodes 1-6 (the first disc) and I'm not sure that I laughed once. The show is so genius in concocting the most excruciatingly awkward situations, it's just so... stressful. Maybe it's a personal thing, but I don't know if I can bring myself to Netflix the second disc.

Kal

I love the show and I can admit that the first episodes are disturbing maybe sometimes... but the show got better and better in the 2nd and 3rd season... and its now amazing

Unfortunatelly you cant get the other seasons in DVD yet... but there are some very good episodes in Season 1... it may just give you a weird impression at first but if you watch the new seasons when the concept and all that is more defined, its definetly the best show on tv today

Jeremy Blackman

I'm not saying it's bad thing... in fact, I can't think of anything like it. It just works better as horror than comedy.