Ashton Kutcher working with Crowe? say it aint so!

Started by ProgWRX, July 04, 2003, 01:30:51 PM

ProgWRX

According to the Uncool, Kutcher has been mentioned as a possible cast member of Crowe's next movie, Elizabethtown.  Anyone think Cameron might be able to coax a good performance out of Ashton? I dont dislike him that much, but I just cant see him acting any other way than what he's done up to now...
:roll:

QuoteElizabethtown Poop?
Hollywood insider Jeffrey Wells attempts to bring readers up to date about Elizabethtown in his latest column for Movie Poop Shoot. According to what Wells' has heard (he has not read the script), it's a romantic-comedy ensemble piece set in a small Southern town (and not, as reported elsewhere, in the college town of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania). It'll start shooting early next year sometime. It looks to be a Paramount-DreamWorks co-production with DreamWorks releasing it domestically and Paramount overseas. He also mentions the same actors previously mentioned here and elsewhere (Dunst, Fonda, Blooms, etc.) with the addition of current "IT" guy Ashton Kutcher. It's all speculation at this point, so be patient for the real story. You can read his column here. (
[/b]

E-pinions?
-Carlos

Sleuth

I hope Ashton has the talent to match his ambition, that's all
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

A. Kutchner may be up to par but Dunst...  That is what worries me

Her and Reese  :roll:

ProgWRX

Dunst was pretty good in the Virgin Suicides ... :oops:
-Carlos

Ernie

Aw, I like Reese...haven't you ever seen Election or Fear or Cruel Intentions or Pleasantville...or Legally Blonde? Don't let my sig fool you, that movie is one of my guilty pleasures. I just thought it was funny that somebody thought so lowly of such a harmless, fun popcorn flick.

As for Dunst? Um, she's alright. I like Reese better. Virgin Suicides was good...just not necessarily because of her.

Ashton? He's funny and his show Punk'd is the only good thing about MTV right now but...I don't know. I guess I think he's more fit for TV than movies. I'm a little worried about him being in Elizabethtown. If the movie is in fact going back to Say Anything's style...I'm worried. He's no John Cusack.

I would fucking love for Jane Fonda to be in it.

Banky

it's gonna be good no matter what so everyone cant stop worrying

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

i can see it working if ashton keeps it in line and doesnt do his spazzy routine

That whole " YOU GOT PUNKED" Thing will wear thin, he got busted on a plane for being a pain the ass, with his spazzy tude if he was ugly he wouldnt be that huge a star

he looks right for a crowe film

i like the guy but he i could see myself getting sick of him if he keeps being loud and " OHHHH YEAH BUDDY"

Banky

NEON MERCURY

..UMMMMMMM, i just wanted to remind folks that w/ DUNST and ASHTON in Crowe's new film ..you can give up any hope that it will be any good .....which is ashame b/c i happen to like most if not all of crowe's films that I have seen....

SoNowThen

Dunst is great, she just happened to take on some flat roles lately. But make no mistakes, she can act.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ProgWRX

and if you read the other elizabethtown thread, kutcher is definately OUT of the picture...
-Carlos

ElPandaRoyal

Si

modage

he's the dude on the right looking for his car.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^hahahahhaahaah what a joke......he is whack..

and my reason for disliking dunst is that she sems flakey or cheesy
NEON MERCURY's SCREEN QUEEN CHEESE:
chedder JUlia stiles
mozzerella kristen DunSt
Swiss ReeSe WitherspOOn......

Sleepless

From Empire (UK)... and I quote:

"Don your earmuffs now. Orlando Bloom - AAAIIIIIEEEE!!!! ORLANDOOOOOOOO!!! - has been signed to replace Ashton Kutcher - AAAAAIIIIIEEEE!!!!!! ASSSSSSSSSSSSHTTOOOONN!!!! - in the new drama from Cameron Crowe - AAIIIEEEEE!!! EH? Rumour has it that Kutcher was canned when doubts were raised about his 'suitability'."

And the winner of the understatement of the century contest is...
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.