David Letterman , the man of letters

Started by Jack Sparrow, June 21, 2003, 09:15:29 AM

Sprimetv

public access is funniest when drunk

meatwad

kilborn was much better on the daily show then he is now. I would say i'm mad that he left, but then we would not have jon stewart.

Kilborn has on and ogg nights. I think it depends on who his guests are. Unlike Conan, who is funny every night of the week

Pedro

Quote from: Sigur Rós
Quote from: poserno, no. that was the Green Tom show

Did anyone see the show, where he acted like a total psyko in front of his parents?
You just summarized every episode...
I still love that show though.  I know, it's stupid and all...but I still enjoy it...he's just so fucking riddiculous.

Banky

Kilborn is way better than Connan.  And Letterman is way better than Leno.  I vote for CBS.

SHAFTR

I loved, loved the Tom Green show.  It was crazy, but it was also genius, now what he did on than isn't novelty and it's almost conventional.

I love Conan and Letterman...I despise Leno.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

RegularKarate

Letterman is great... he is A great.

GT gets made fun of because there is no need to argue this... most intelligent people with an actual human sense of humor know Letterman destroys Leno.

Conan is great, but his show is losing it's spark.  

Kilborn should have been cancelled years ago... I'd almost watch Leno over him, he's so incredibly unfunny... he's also a shit-eating cocksucker... this is a fact.

Sleuth

Quote from: RegularKarateConan is great, but his show is losing it's spark.  

Did you see the episode with Kim Cattral?
I like to hug dogs

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: RegularKarateGT gets made fun of because there is no need to argue this... most intelligent people with an actual human sense of humor know Letterman destroys Leno.

GT gets made fun of because certain people take offense to a criticizing point of view and instead of just disagreeing, they say not words, but shit. Humor is one thing, but drowning out your own desperation for attention in needy ways is another. They just call it humor. I call it annoyance without humor because there is no wit and just bad aim. But, as a free loving person, I must stand up for these people spitting their bullshit and take it when the next guy thinks its the funniest thing. This guy is the cradle for these people to rub their dicks against and cum for the cushion of it. But if you want to call all these things jokes, then call this one too and see it in the fashion of a rant. But...taking offense would be just going against your own comedy anyways. Just dip it in shit and see how it tastes.

~rougerum

Banky

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet
Quote from: RegularKarateGT gets made fun of because there is no need to argue this... most intelligent people with an actual human sense of humor know Letterman destroys Leno.

GT gets made fun of because certain people take offense to a criticizing point of view and instead of just disagreeing, they say not words, but shit. Humor is one thing, but drowning out your own desperation for attention in needy ways is another. They just call it humor. I call it annoyance without humor because there is no wit and just bad aim. But, as a free loving person, I must stand up for these people spitting their bullshit and take it when the next guy thinks its the funniest thing. This guy is the cradle for these people to rub their dicks against and cum for the cushion of it. But if you want to call all these things jokes, then call this one too and see it in the fashion of a rant. But...taking offense would be just going against your own comedy anyways. Just dip it in shit and see how it tastes.

~rougerum

impressive

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat

Did anyone see the show, where he acted like a total psyko in front of his parents?
I still love that show though.  I know, it's stupid and all...but I still enjoy it...he's just so fucking riddiculous.

Oh, I've only seen about 2 shows. I thought well....."Stupid Americans and turned of my TV".  :-D

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat

Oh, I've only seen about 2 shows. I thought well....."Stupid Americans and turned of my TV".  :-D

Tom Green's Canadian

SoNowThen

Quote from: RegularKarateLetterman is great... he is A great.

GT gets made fun of because there is no need to argue this... most intelligent people with an actual human sense of humor know Letterman destroys Leno.

Conan is great, but his show is losing it's spark.  

Kilborn should have been cancelled years ago... I'd almost watch Leno over him, he's so incredibly unfunny... he's also a shit-eating cocksucker... this is a fact.

Agreed. Well, except for the GT bashing. But it's so true, Letterman is the Man.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

jokerspath

Quote from: NEON MERCURY...people who find his show funny are the ones that think SNL is better now than when it first premiered, listen to new alternative rock only, still wear hypercolor shirts :)

Is this possible? Are these things still around?

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

MacGuffin

Letterman Ends Friday Summer Breaks

NEW YORK - David Letterman is going back on the air Fridays.

After a month of the veteran "Late Show" host turning Friday nights over to guest hosts, Jimmy Fallon's stint Friday was going to be the last, spokesman Tom Keaney said.

Tom Green, Tom Arnold and Kelsey Grammer had also filled in for Letterman.

"I've worked since I was 11 years old," Letterman, 56, had said on his CBS show. "And I just feel like it's summer now, I'd like to take a day off."

Oddly, Letterman didn't even get a day off. He usually tapes his Friday shows on Thursday evenings, after taping Thursday's show; so he just left work early during this stretch.

Although ratings in the summer aren't watched as closely as those during the regular TV season, "Tonight" host Jay Leno's lead over Letterman has increased in the past month.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

Oh, that's fucking great, I was afraid he was dead too
I like to hug dogs