Ben Stiller Show?

Started by Ernie, June 15, 2003, 08:35:09 PM

Ernie

Where the hell is this? Does anybody have it? I've been looking for it everywhere. Did it get delayed or something? What's the story? I was really looking forward to it, it was supposed to come out June 3rd I think. I've checked at Best Buy, Media Play, Borders, and Barnes & Noble with no luck. I really hope to get it soon, I'm a huge Stiller fan and loved the few shows I saw on comedy central.

modage

it was delayed.  i remember reading it, but now i cant find when till.  hold on, looking....
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Two sites I found gave this news:

The Ben Stiller Show 2-DVD set is still unreleased, and no concrete news is to be found anywhere.

Bad news. For reasons I could not find out, the Ben Stiller Show DVD has been "delayed indefinitely."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

ive been scooped!  oh well.

R.I.P.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

The 2 disc box-set includes:

*commentaries by Ben Stiller and his entire cast and writers for the show on seven key episodes
*A of show including alternate versions of the pilot and two early parodies made for MTV
*five unaired sketches with optional commentary
*nine outtakes
*an E! "Behind The Scenes" Special
*an Easter Egg with "Melrose Heights" commentary by Ben Stiller and Bob Odenkirk.

EPISODE SYNOPSES:

1. Sketches include: U2, The Early Years, Cape Munster (Spoof of Cape Fear with Stiller as Eddie Munster), Ben's Video Diary, What Is Sexy?, Michael Pheret, Agent (guest starring Roseanne & Tom Arnold and Gary Shandling) and Last Stand of Yakov Smirnoff.
2. Melrose Heights 90210-2402 is introduced, along with Skank, Tom Cruise: Dress Casual, Tonight Show Auditions and Cops In Salem, Mass. Guest stars include: Bobcat Goldthwait, Todd Bridges, Norman Fell and Ernie Hudson.
3. Running gags about Bruce Springsteen and Star Trek frame sketches including Amish Studs, The Quest For Space, Michael Pheret - Talent Agency and What Is Sexy? Guests include James Doohan, Run DMC, Jeanne Triplehorn.
4. Trendy Melrose Avenue in Hollywood is skewered throughout the show, framing sketches including Skank Goes Blind (guest starring Todd Bridges), Cops In Ancient Egypt, Low-Budget Tales of Cliched Horror and B-Minus Time Traveler.
5. Colin Quinn, Casey Kasem and Adam West co-star in sketches which include, Opening From A Train Museum, Annoying Guy At A Restaurant, Melrose Heights 90210-2402, Anti-Drug Lecture and Information 411.
6. Sketches include, Oliver Stone Land, Pan American Salesman Of The Year, Jake Steele Marionette Cop, Blue & White Shampoo, Bomb Squad and the introduction of Ask Manson. Sarah Jessica Parker co-stars.
7. More humor at The Boss' expense in Counting With Bruce Springsteen and other sketches like Grady's Oats, The Grungies, Stiller's Wheel Of Filler - Jewish Fly Guys, Video Diary, Of Buildings And Women. Rob Morrow and Dana Gould co-star.
8. Gary Shandling, Gary Coleman, Danny Bonaduce and Alex Karris co-star in sketches which include Hair Styling With Bruce, Woody Allen's Bride Of Frankenstein, Bad Twist Ending Theater, Ask Manson and America's Most Suspicious.
9.Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers plays basketball with Ben, framing sketches such as Mohican Master 2000 & Jazzercise With Wolves, Die Hard 12: Die Hungry, Ask Manson, Skank and The Let-Go Clinic. Guests include David Cassidy, Gary Coleman and Hervé Villechaize.
10. Dennis Miller and Danny Bonaduce co-star in sketches which include Three Men And An Old Man, Manson, Casting Call: Beethoven, America's Most Suspicious, Casting Call: Mighty Ducks and Tito Gallegos - Pig Latin Lover.
11. Antics on California beaches frame sketches like Relaxation Tape, Roundtable Takes On Skank, Headslammer's Ball, Andy Dick's Political Children's Theatre and Bruce Springsteen Makes An Answering Machine Message Tape.
12. A Few Good Scouts, Cops In Medieval Times, American Profiles - Hightech Hillbillies, Words We Can Use, The Legend Of T.J. O'Pootertoot and Grady's Oats.
13. The lost Ben Stiller Show episode includes Zoo TV At Night, Otto The Anti-Cupid, Kreepee Board, Michael Pheret, 30-Second Conspiracy Theory, Jacques Cousteau In The Recording Studio and Leslie Chapman - Actor/Dancer/Zombie.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

I can't wait, though this does call into question how wise it was to waste an entire afternoon, evening, and night on the FX Stiller marathon a few years back...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

RegularKarate

You'll have a long time to wait... cherish that marathon (I have most of it on tape).  

Indefinatly can quite often mean it will never come out.  That or it will sit for a year or two then just show up at Target one day until it's sold out and never be printed again.

Ernie

Well, great...this makes the world a better place I guess...or at least they seem to feel that way. God forbid the ben stiller show ever gets released on dvd, the world will stop revolving! The planets will fucking go out of orbit!

Seriously, this is really stupid and pointless. There's really no reason to delay it...they've already spent the money to make them and produce them, why not just put them on the shelves and make some money? I just don't get it. Anyway, thanks though for giving me the news.

MacGuffin

Warner Home Video have finally given the green light for The Ben Stiller Show which had been put on the back burner for a couple of months. This loaded 2-disc set will feature all twelve regular season episodes plus an originally unaired episode. The episodes will be presented in 4:3 with English Stereo Surround tracks. Extra features include commentaries, a featurette, outtakes, deleted scenes, eastereggs and more. The disc will be available to own from the 2nd December this year and should set you back somewhere in the region of $26.99.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Is this worth picking up?  I saw it for cheap at a store yesterday.

polkablues

Quote from: Ravi on June 24, 2006, 12:24:13 PM
Is this worth picking up?  I saw it for cheap at a store yesterday.

Hell, yeah.  Especially if it's cheap.  The "Cape Munster" sketch is almost worth the price in itself.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'd say the "Manson" sketch makes the purchase totally worth it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

yeah, "the ben stiller show" alone makes the cheap price totally worth it!

polkablues

Quote from: Cinephile on June 25, 2006, 12:07:47 AM
yeah, "the ben stiller show" alone makes the cheap price totally worth it!

Well, let's not go crazy.
My house, my rules, my coffee