5. Mank
    6. Boys State
    7. Emma
    8. Spree
    9. Possessor
    10. Another Round
    11. One Night in Miami
    12. On the Rocks

still have yet to see Minari, Shirley, The Nest, or David Byrne's American Utopia unfortunately

Robyn

1. The Nest
2. Days
3. David Byrne's American Utopia
4. Save Yourselves!
5. Tenet
6. Da 5 Bloods
7. Shirley
8. Soul
9. Bloody Nose, Empty Pocket
10. Another Round

Things I haven't seen: Happiest Season, Mank, Steve McQueen, etc.

jenkins

I don't think I saw 10 movies from 2020 and some of the ones I saw I don't want to mention so there's that

Jasper Mall
The Devil All The Time
Da 5 Bloods
John Bronco
Palm Springs
Shirley

On the Rocks is waiting for me but I haven't watched it yet I mean 2020 was fucked we all agree

WorldForgot

Quote from: jenkins on February 11, 2021, 04:48:34 PM
I mean 2020 was fucked we all agree

Facts!

Palm Springs was fun. I'd defo give that an honorable mention along with Feels Good Man.

jenkins

Palm Springs makes periods of depression seem fun so it's like

jenkins

there are no exceptions to no take backs so I must accept that I forgot We Are, which I saw this year but files 2020

WorldForgot

Quote from: jenkins on February 11, 2021, 05:19:57 PM
there are no exceptions to no take backs so I must accept that I forgot We Are, which I saw this year but files 2020

:yabbse-grin: I can't put it in competition with Spree, personally, but if it weren't no-takebacks they'd share the spot.

It's too bad this isn't a ranking of Movies First-Watched in 2020, cuz gahdamn, I watched so much Abel Ferrara and Fulci last year. Actually, about to watch only my second Solondz rn, speaking of depressive-states-done-fun.

jenkins

what's your Solondz order? some people start with the best but I think starting with the worst is better

like the list of Movies First-Watched in 2020 needs to happen now, you understand

WorldForgot

Quote from: jenkins on February 11, 2021, 05:32:21 PM
what's your Solondz order? some people start with the best but I think starting with the worst is better

like the list of Movies First-Watched in 2020 needs to happen now, you understand

But it would be quite daunting o_o
Seems like What Films Are We Watching + Quarantine Filmz somehow gets at that. But woo-ee. What a year for introverts.

I started with Storytelling. Was considering Happiness or Welcome to the Dollhouse for today.

jenkins

.I'd go Palindromes next not because it's a worst but to follow an ideological pathway. definitely Welcome to the Dollhouse before Weiner Dog but honestly I'd go Life During Wartime to Happiness. Fear, Anxiety & Depression is 100% the worst thing he's done. I think Dark Horse is a good closer because it's ~so adorably Solondz~ just a conversation

oh the list isn't happening man I was all hype

WorldForgot

Quote from: jenkins on February 11, 2021, 05:46:02 PM
oh the list isn't happening man I was all hype

can you imagine if Xixax had the fervor of the bluray board, that crew has got some energy to say the least

Alethia

Never Rarely Sometimes Always
Let Them All Talk
Mank
Nomadland
We Are
The Vast of Night
Family Romance L.L.C. (Available in US as of 2020)

All I got.

WorldForgot

I forgot Sound of Metal until just a lil ago, imagine it's on there. It deserves to be on there.